• Practice Begins

#57550  by Flagman
 Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:34 am
apaladin wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:40 pm
Anyone going Saturday?
Saturdays are for football. I plan to attend the next one on Tuesday.
Davemeister, apaladin liked this
 #57565  by Roundball
 Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:08 pm
https://watchstadium.com/not-so-secret- ... 0-07-2022/

SOCON
Chattanooga – Oct. 22 at Eastern Kentucky; Oct. 29 vs. Kennesaw State
Citadel – Oct. 23 at Georgia Southern
ETSU – N/A
Furman – Oct. 22 vs. UNC Asheville; Oct. 30 vs. Lipscomb at Lee University
Mercer – Oct. 29 vs. Jacksonville State in Atlanta
Samford – Oct. 22 vs. Georgia State; Oct. 29 vs. Tennessee State at Wallace State CC-Hanceville
UNCG – Oct. 15 at Longwood; Oct. 29 vs. UNCW at NC State
VMI – Oct. 29 at Campbell
Western Carolina – Oct. 23 vs. College of Charleston; Oct. 29 vs. Belmont Abbey
Wofford – Oct. 15 at Winthrop; Oct. 30 vs. Belmont at Carson-Newman
 #57718  by Sad Din
 Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:42 pm
anything take aways from the scrimmage?
 #57723  by DiamonDin
 Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:13 pm
I watched for about 30-40 minutes. Here are my takeaways:
1. They will play FAST. Granted it was early in the practice season but they were moving.
2. I thought Joe Anderson was the most impressive "point" guard, followed closely by J.P. and Carter. Whitt looked like he is still getting comfortable with his new team.
3. If today was any indication, Marcus will be an all-conference-type player. He was everywhere - rebounding, scoring inside on drives, he hit 2 or 3 triples and, of course playing very good defense.
4. Of the 3 newcomers, I was most impressed with VanderWal. He hustled yet played under control. Looks to be a good shooter and even took a charge.
5. Coach will have a hard time narrowing his "active roster" to 9 or 10 players. Lots of talent and every player on the roster does something very well. Should be some very competitive practices between now and November.
apaladin, furpop16, AstroDin and 2 others liked this
 #57778  by apaladin
 Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:36 pm
DiamonDin wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:13 pm
I watched for about 30-40 minutes. Here are my takeaways:
1. They will play FAST. Granted it was early in the practice season but they were moving.
2. I thought Joe Anderson was the most impressive "point" guard, followed closely by J.P. and Carter. Whitt looked like he is still getting comfortable with his new team.
3. If today was any indication, Marcus will be an all-conference-type player. He was everywhere - rebounding, scoring inside on drives, he hit 2 or 3 triples and, of course playing very good defense.
4. Of the 3 newcomers, I was most impressed with VanderWal. He hustled yet played under control. Looks to be a good shooter and even took a charge.
5. Coach will have a hard time narrowing his "active roster" to 9 or 10 players. Lots of talent and every player on the roster does something very well. Should be some very competitive practices between now and November.
Thanks DD. A couple of questions:
1. Does CW look like he has any offensive game?
2. Is Jonny Lawrence healthy and going full speed?
Thanks

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.