• Lunardi 2023 Bracketology 1.0

#53101  by HB88
 Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:31 pm
Has Chattanooga as SC automatic qualifier and FU nowhere to be seen in his first and next four out listings.
 #53102  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:35 pm
HB88 wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:31 pm
Has Chattanooga as SC automatic qualifier and FU nowhere to be seen in his first and next four out listings.
The fact of the matter is Lunardi could probably not name 10 total players in the SoCon for next season, so his prediction is just made right now out of lazy convenience, he knows nothing about the SoCon.
UTC has 1 good player Stephens that had 1 winning season at VMI (by a couple games) and UTC has a bunch of mediocre talent around him, its laughable to even pick them in the top 4 right now.

Anyone that knows the SoCon and is being honest knows that Furman is the heavy favorite right now, and as it stands now there is not even a close second lol
Fuonetime liked this
 #53103  by tya1
 Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:51 pm
Lunardi is not the most up-to-date analyst. He probably doesn't even know who plays for each team. He probably knows that Chattanooga won the SoCon tourny and played a close game against Illinois and nothing else. Maybe he remembers that their coach got a new job. It could be months before he really pays any attention.
Fuonetime and 1 others liked this
 #53104  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:52 pm
The accurate preseason predictions would be:

1) Furman
2) Samford
3) UNCG
4) Mercer
5) UTC
6) Wofford
7) ETSU
8) WCU
9) VMI
10) Citadel
Fuonetime liked this
 #53106  by tya1
 Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:00 pm
We should probably wait until this year's transfers make up their minds - both incoming and outgoing guys - before worrying much about standings. UTC and Wofford are both looking very hard for transfers to replace their losses. Most of the others are looking too. VMI and the Citadel have the dirty end of the stick, although Baucom was able to get some decent grad transfers at the Citadel. Grad transfers aren't part of the Corp of Cadets and don't have to drill or stand inspections etc. Spending a year or even two living near the beach and playing ball isn't a bad deal for a guy in his early 20s.. I think that was what Hayden Brown was doing this year.
 #53107  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:19 pm
tya1 wrote:
We should probably wait until this year's transfers make up their minds - both incoming and outgoing guys - before worrying much about standings. UTC and Wofford are both looking very hard for transfers to replace their losses. Most of the others are looking too. VMI and the Citadel have the dirty end of the stick, although Baucom was able to get some decent grad transfers at the Citadel. Grad transfers aren't part of the Corp of Cadets and don't have to drill or stand inspections etc. Spending a year or even two living near the beach and playing ball isn't a bad deal for a guy in his early 20s.. I think that was what Hayden Brown was doing this year.

While true, I just don't see any of the remaining socon teams still looking adding any real difference makers at this point, yeah might get a decent pickup here or there but nothing to move the needle all that much
 #53108  by gofurman
 Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:26 pm
tya1 wrote:
THIS - it's possible (just like us) we see a Clempson or some transfer hit a roster.. or someone key leave

One thing we have to admit is - while I love BR - we have been the HUUUUUUGE beneficiary of coaches at other schools getting plucked. It is pretty obvious that Mike Young had it going on - dude won ACC COY with WOfford players !!! That's shocking. Aluma, Cattoor, Murphy etc. Won the durn ACC tourney!... Now ETSU and Chatt coaches gone. And ETSU coach won ACC coach of year at WF !! And what do you know, Woff and ETSU were down this year. It was us vs Chatt. Coincidence? I think not ... Now Chatt has lost their coach .. sweet. And yes, I know we lost Medved. Glad to see BR doing to well. Also glad to see Medved doing great at CSU

ANyhoo, I will believe we have the SoCon bid when I see it.. 42 years I think. Good grief. - that is unreal... I sure hope we have a super year and get in NCAA - just the PR from that bid that pays dividends! Get on ESPN showing you punched your ticket... Esp if you win a game or make a real game of it like Chatt did this year. The bracket and PR is enormous.. millions of people see your school name as they make the picks etc. GoFurman !!!!!!!!!!