• Who will coach Furman next year?

#51937  by bj93
 Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:40 pm
Will be very surprised if it's CBR. I imagine the signees will come but JS and MB will go with CBR to USC (or wherever he goes).
Affirm liked this
 #51938  by Furmanoid
 Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:45 pm
I’m very confident that CBR will be back. I just don’t think he’s gonna get the call to anywhere much better until he wins the conference at least once. When that happens, he’s gone.

If I had to go get somebody now (we don’t) I’d certainly look at Queens (Charlotte) coach Lundy who’s about 75% over 14 years with 7 straight DII tournament appearances.

UNC-Pembroke’s Coach Richards is at about 71% since 2014 with 5 tournament appearances. He’s an up and coming guy.
 #51942  by Sad Din
 Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:52 pm
Really praying that CBR stays, but if he goes look for a coach on current staff or former Coach now at woofy (as much as would hate it) We needs somebody with flopping experience

It would be great to get someone tha understands the Dins culture
 #51949  by Furmanoid
 Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:10 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Really praying that CBR stays, but if he goes look for a coach on current staff or former Coach now at woofy (as much as would hate it) We needs somebody with flopping experience

We aren’t gonna start that tree thing for basketball too are we? Just get a guy with head coaching experience whose won at least 70% of his games and a few championships at DII or above. Don’t want to get too married to the culture until we win something.
bj93 liked this
 #51950  by Affirm
 Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:15 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:10 pm
Sad Din wrote:

We aren’t gonna start that tree thing for basketball too are we? Just get a guy with head coaching experience whose won at least 70% of his games and a few championships at DII or above. Don’t want to get too married to the culture until we win something.
Right. I like our culture, and I hope that it always continues AND that we win more.
 #51956  by apaladin
 Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:56 pm
Its offcial that SC is interviewing him. When they interview him it will be really hard not to hire him on the spot. We all know this. Afraid he is gone. The next hire will be from the current group of coaches. Regardless of what FU will release to the press they will not do a national search. Hiring someone from the current coaching staff is prolly the best move anyway.
Affirm liked this
 #51957  by Dins&Heels
 Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:58 pm
If CBR can get an SEC job with no ncaa tournament appearances he’d be crazy to stay and he won’t obviously. But good luck selling that hire to your hardcore fan base in the short term. For that reason I think we have him another year at least. His greatness goes well beyond X’s and O’s.
 #51960  by Sad Din
 Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:17 pm
If some one has a few $10mil or so would be a great time to donate for Timmons reno wth one small stipulation.. CBR is the HC
 #51964  by Affirm
 Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:59 pm
apaladin wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:56 pm
Its offcial that SC is interviewing him. When they interview him it will be really hard not to hire him on the spot. We all know this. Afraid he is gone. The next hire will be from the current group of coaches. Regardless of what FU will release to the press they will not do a national search. Hiring someone from the current coaching staff is prolly the best move anyway.
Maybe Jason Donnelly can find time to look around at prospects for our head coaching job with 8 teams are in Greenville during the next few days. Possibly some of those coaches, especially assistant coaches, could be interested in a job at Furman.
 #51965  by youwouldno
 Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:07 pm
Most candidates are currently unavailable for interviews. CBR could be somewhere on SC's list of fallback options, but very unlikely he actually winds up with the job.
din23 liked this