• Question for Dan

#51792  by apaladin
 Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:06 pm
Hey Dan, I think we all need a little closure on the season so whenever CBR is ready and available please do a podcast. Keep up the good work. Thanks
furpop16 and 1 others liked this
 #51794  by DungeonRealm
 Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:30 pm
Yep, since we opted out of postseason play this year I would like to hear an extensive interview on anything and everything going on inside CBR mind for next season, ie. team personnel, who is returning, incoming freshman, any chance of taking a transfer, coaching staff moving forward, schedule for next season, playing downtown again, Timmons renovations, offensive and defensive philosophy for next year, thoughts on SoCon and why we still are disrespected nationally, ect. ect., it will be appreciated!
FU69 liked this
 #51800  by purplehorse
 Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:58 pm
And why we thought we were snubbed by the NIT and thought we were too good for one of the lower tournaments? That seems to go against every competitive instinct related to college sports. We had a lot to prove. Unless we thought we would lose there also.
 #51807  by Davemeister
 Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:52 pm
The way some folks are ranting you'd think CBR, Both, Slaw, and the AD had all announced they are going elsewhere for next season.

Who knows, they might.
gman84 liked this
 #51809  by Roundball
 Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:12 pm
Davemeister wrote:
The way some folks are ranting you'd think CBR, Both, Slaw, and the AD had all announced they are going elsewhere for next season.

Who knows, they might.
Exactly, and believe me, they see these posts and they know who the naysayers and the haters are. Thankfully, they also know that group is composed of less than a handful of peeps.
 #51817  by DungeonRealm
 Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:32 pm
Roundball wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:12 pm
Davemeister wrote:

Who knows, they might.
Exactly, and believe me, they see these posts and they know who the naysayers and the haters are. Thankfully, they also know that group is composed of less than a handful of peeps.
WTF are you talking about?
Naysayers?
Haters?
 #51819  by Affirm
 Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:36 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Yep, since we opted out of postseason play this year I would like to hear an extensive interview on anything and everything going on inside CBR mind for next season, ie. team personnel, who is returning, incoming freshman, any chance of taking a transfer, coaching staff moving forward, schedule for next season, playing downtown again, Timmons renovations, offensive and defensive philosophy for next year, thoughts on SoCon and why we still are disrespected nationally, ect. ect., it will be appreciated!
Very good list of topics. One possibly good part of not going to one of the no-name pitiful tournaments (NCAA and NIT being not among those) is that he will hopefully have more time to address all such matters as your list.
Last edited by Affirm on Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #51827  by purplehorse
 Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:53 pm
affirm wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
Very good list of topics. One possibly good part of not going to one of the no-name pitiful tournaments (NCAA and NIT being not among those) is that he will hopefully have more time to address all such matters as your list.
And maybe CBR could address why he thinks Wofford and VMI and UNCG thought playing in the pitiful tournaments would be helpful for their players moving forward, for the future of the program. More practices, more games help the PROGRAM. A warm-up for the Charleston tournament.

When the school was willing to pay for it, oh my goodness.

I bet if CBR wanted to play, his players would have done it for him. This decision contradicts all I have ever heard him say. We quit.

How many tournaments has Furman ever played in? Wofford has gone to the NCAA tourney numerous times in the last 6 years, yet they are willing to play in one of these pitiful tournaments-to gain experience for the future of the program.
tim liked this
 #51828  by Roundball
 Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:56 pm
purplehorse wrote:
affirm wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
And maybe CBR could address why he thinks Wofford and VMI and UNCG thought playing in the pitiful tournaments would be helpful for their players moving forward, for the future of the program. More practices, more games help the PROGRAM. A warm-up for the Charleston tournament.

I bet if CBR wanted to play, his players would have done it for him. This decision contradicts all I have ever heard him say. We quit.

How many tournaments has Furman ever played in? Wofford has gone to the NCAA tourney numerous times in the last 6 years, yet they are willing to play in one of these pitiful tournaments-to gain experience for the future of the program.
So, your question for our coach is, “How many tournaments has Furman ever played in?”
 #51834  by apaladin
 Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:09 pm
I am really scared now since Frank Martin has been fired. Could this be a reason FU shut it down. If he is offered the job he is gone. The one job he would not turn down.
bj93 liked this
 #51836  by purplehorse
 Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:16 pm
Roundball wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:56 pm
purplehorse wrote:
affirm wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:

So, your question for our coach is, “How many tournaments has Furman ever played in?”
Now see that is the way to be humorous and play nice rather than calling folks who disagree with you haters etc. As I have said over and over folks have different perspectives and opinions. Anyone who gets on this board frequently loves Furman basketball (and football). As a Furman fan my entire life I will go to my grave disagreeing with this decision.

I would ask him “why he either encouraged or allowed his team to quit.” It literally goes against every word I have ever heard come from his mouth and I think he is the best basketball coach in the world. I hope he is at Furman forever. He is a phenomenal basketball coach and an even better life coach. This is out of character for him. Our team quit. It is not about playing or not playing in the pitiful tournament but it was a nearsighted decision. So yes that is what I would ask him!

Thanks for asking Roundball.
 #51841  by PaladinPower
 Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:28 pm
I'm not sure about all of the fuss about NOT attending one of these lower level tournaments. This team doesn't have lower level standards. They earned a spot in the big dance for the first time in 42 years had it not been for a 35 footer (lucky or not). I am not surprised they shut it down and I look forward to watching CBR, Slawson, and Bothwell all return to win the regular season and Asheville because they are certainly capable.
Roundball, FU69, Davemeister and 2 others liked this
 #51907  by Davemeister
 Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:38 am
Our team didn't "quit" anything. You can't quit something you never started.
Affirm liked this