• Basketball Classic

#51759  by apaladin
 Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:08 am
Looks like they are struggling to find teams. Fresno St. is latest team added. Only 11 of 32 teams so far and games are supposed to start Tuesday.
 #51760  by purplehorse
 Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:08 am
Sign Furman up please. Let’s say there were 12 teams in it and we won that would be a plus and would be far better than sitting at home.
apaladin liked this
 #51768  by Affirm
 Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:55 am
purplehorse wrote:
Sign Furman up please. Let’s say there were 12 teams in it and we won that would be a plus and would be far better than sitting at home.
Let’s say we grovel our way into it and end up just making an appearance in which we lose. It’s a pitiful tournament. No, do not go to that. Please.
Roundball, GOAT liked this
 #51774  by Davemeister
 Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:35 am
affirm wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:55 am
purplehorse wrote:
Let’s say we grovel our way into it and end up just making an appearance in which we lose. It’s a pitiful tournament. No, do not go to that. Please.

Right on, Bro. Right ON.
underjack liked this
 #51867  by DungeonRealm
 Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:59 pm
Ummmm, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 16

*Opponent Forfited due to Covid 19 @ Wofford (19-13) 7:00 pm
 #51883  by Affirm
 Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:23 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:01 pm
So here is the schedule so far, only 21 teams (not 32), some of which have losing records

https://www.thebasketballclassic.com/sc ... esults.php
If we had gotten into that mess, I don’t think it would be all that interesting to our fans and perhaps even our players to be playing various ones of those teams, such as Wofford again, or USC Upstate again, or some of the schools that I think we’ve never played such as Merrimack, UMES, etc.
 #51884  by DungeonRealm
 Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:36 pm
affirm wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:23 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:01 pm
So here is the schedule so far, only 21 teams (not 32), some of which have losing records

https://www.thebasketballclassic.com/sc ... esults.php
If we had gotten into that mess, I don’t think it would be all that interesting to our fans and perhaps even our players to be playing various ones of those teams, such as Wofford again, or USC Upstate again, or some of the schools that I think we’ve never played such as Merrimack, UMES, etc.
Only matchups I would be interested in would be UTEP (CUSA), Kent St. (MAC) and Fresno St. (Mountain West)
 #51892  by MidlandsPaladin
 Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:38 pm
Woffy may be the best team in this crapfest. According to the schedule they already have a first round bye due to COVID. Glad we aren’t a part of it, but it sure will suck if the terriers make a run or even win it.
Affirm liked this
 #51903  by tim
 Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:22 am
Its owned by an entity called Eracism , I'm sure it would have been a blast.
 #51905  by Affirm
 Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:03 am
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:38 pm
Woffy may be the best team in this crapfest. According to the schedule they already have a first round bye due to COVID. Glad we aren’t a part of it, but it sure will suck if the terriers make a run or even win it.
I’m fine about not going to the CIT or the CBI. If we had gone to one, I would not have wanted it to be CIT.
I would have wanted it to be CBI and chance to beat VMI or UNCG again, or both, or a chance to play and beat Rice or SFA or Boston University. A most interesting scenario and fun matchup might have been if we could have played Drake (who stole our Niko and who is listed as the #1 seed in that Daytona Beach tournament). Of course, you don’t get to pick your opponents.
But now looking ahead to 2022-23, not back. We’ve just got to win games next year. Quit losing games we “could have won”. EVERY game is obviously important for our chances for post-SoCon Tournament play.
********EVERY****** GAME THE ENTIRE SEASON.
Go Furman.
dornb, apaladin liked this
 #51911  by Davemeister
 Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:06 am
The "Basketball Classic" sounds like the equivalent of a pick-up game at your local gym. Our team was wise not to pursue it.