• Observations/UTC

#51184  by fu77fan
 Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:09 am
Observations

1.)UTC looked very strong in defeating Wofford . I hope they got it out of their system, and will not play their best against us.
2.)Furman did not shoot well against Sammy.
I am hoping we are saving our best game for the finals.
3.)In my opinion, the UTC crowd was much louder than the Furman crowd. Unless we have a much larger contingency for the Finals, it will feel like somewhat of a home game for UTC. Therefore we need not only more fans in Asheville, but also for everyone to yell, scream and be loud.
4.) Win or lose tomorrow, no one can go on and on about Furman never winning a big game. Today was a BIG game and we WON.
5.) Congrats to the team for a gutty performance!!!

GO FURMAN!! Let’s FINISH THIS!!!
apaladin, QCGlue, HammerTKE and 2 others liked this
 #51187  by Flagman
 Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:16 am
UTC has yet to play a high seed (with the exception of Wofford). We can all admit they’ve had the easiest route to the championship game.
QCGlue liked this
 #51191  by Fuonetime
 Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:07 am
1. CBR is right. Lets all show up in Asheville and be loud and be proud.
2. Regarding our thrilling win, it did not seem that would be the result early on. Our team looked tight and our shots were not falling. In the second half Both and Slaw started taking the ball inside and we scored or were fouled. I love our long range shooters but we need our inside game going to give them open shots. Heim was also effective inside and benefitted from those drop off passes. Finally, its up to our team and coaches, lets give them all the support and love they deserve and lets make history tonight. Go Dins!
bj93, underjack, QCGlue and 3 others liked this
 #51192  by Flagman
 Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:41 am
The flags are in! See you there.
Fuonetime, QCGlue, apaladin and 1 others liked this
 #51195  by Roundball
 Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:18 am
Hein was the difference maker last night. Rebounds, good passing, scoring, and defense. We would not have won the game without his outstanding effort. We need a full team effort tonight. We are due for a complete game. It might as well to tonight. I believe. Go Paladins!
Fuonetime, gman84, QCGlue and 4 others liked this
 #51199  by DungeonRealm
 Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:31 am
:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Last edited by DungeonRealm on Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #51206  by Jasper
 Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:03 am
It was amazing to see FU win this game while shooting only 28% from 3-point land. We got away with that tonight against a soft Samford team with great hustle and intensity. We will be playing a big, very physical team in the MOCs tonight with Malachi Smith, the best player in the league, and will have to shoot much better than that in order to win. We are due to have good shooting night and there couldn't be a better time to have it. Props to Garret Hein for giving us some really good minutes last night and to Alex Hunter for coming back from an off first half to make some very timely baskets when we made a fun. This Moc team is very good but certainly can be beaten.
din23, apaladin, dornb liked this
 #51207  by din23
 Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:10 am
Hein was a key to our win at Louisville and again last night. As we play teams with good post players, we have to have a strong contribution from him to compete.
Fuonetime liked this
 #51208  by apaladin
 Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:16 am
Agree with all the above but guys it’s HIEN NOT HEIN. 👌ESPN has it even at 50.1% for UTC and 49.9% for FU. Never seen one that close. Vegas has UTC -2.5.
 #51213  by stonemd
 Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:38 pm
UTC lost to:

Charleston
VMI
UNCG
Samford
Western

Furman had victories against all the above

Team rankings still favors Furman over UTC

It is time
Roundball, din23, Fuonetime liked this