• NCAA Tournament - Greenville

#50914  by Paladin91
 Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:29 pm
Does anyone know what time Session 2 of the NCAA tournament will start in Greenville on Friday, Mar 18? Considering buying tickets but would like to know the time it starts.

Thanks!
 #50915  by din23
 Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:17 pm
Paladin91 wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:29 pm
Does anyone know what time Session 2 of the NCAA tournament will start in Greenville on Friday, Mar 18? Considering buying tickets but would like to know the time it starts.

Thanks!
I assume the games will be 12 and 2:30 for session 1 and 7 and 9:30 for session 2. If not, they'll likely be within 30 minutes of that.
 #50916  by apaladin
 Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:52 pm
Traditionally the earliest start time for the night sessions in round 1 is 6:50. JD said yesterday that Greenville was the first and only site to sell out so far. If you go to ticketmaster you can buy tickets but they are all resales.
 #50997  by Affirm
 Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:45 am
Is there a chance we would be relegated to the “first four” in Dayton starting March 15 after we win SoCon Tournament on next Monday March 7? I think the answer is no, but I am not sure.
When we learn the opponent and venue and date/time for our first round March Madness game on Selection Sunday March 13, will anyone please tell us on UFFP the more likely to less likely venues, from Buffalo, Indianapolis, Fort Worth, Portland on Thursday March 17, and Greenville, Milwaukee, Pittsburgh, San Diego on Friday March 18? Of course we should hope for Greenville, but after that, maybe we should hope for - I guess - Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, Fort Worth, Buffalo, Milwaukee, San Diego, Portland, in that order. The latter 3, plus Greenville, would begin on Friday March 18; and the other 4, on Thursday March 17.
We WILL be going to on of those 8 locations - assuming we don’t get relegated to Dayton (in which case, of course, we will need to win twice [?] in Dayton). (Dayton would be “relatively” easy to travel to.)
 #50998  by DungeonRealm
 Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:04 pm
affirm wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:45 am
Is there a chance we would be relegated to the “first four” in Dayton starting March 15 after we win SoCon Tournament on next Monday March 7? I think the answer is no, but I am not sure.
When we learn the opponent and venue and date/time for our first round March Madness game on Selection Sunday March 13, will anyone please tell us on UFFP the more likely to less likely venues, from Buffalo, Indianapolis, Fort Worth, Portland on Thursday March 17, and Greenville, Milwaukee, Pittsburgh, San Diego on Friday March 18? Of course we should hope for Greenville, but after that, maybe we should hope for - I guess - Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, Fort Worth, Buffalo, Milwaukee, San Diego, Portland, in that order. The latter 3, plus Greenville, would begin on Friday March 18; and the other 4, on Thursday March 17.
We WILL be going to on of those 8 locations - assuming we don’t get relegated to Dayton (in which case, of course, we will need to win twice [?] in Dayton). (Dayton would be “relatively” easy to travel to.)

If we are fortunate enough to win the SoCon, then I can tell you for now:

A) No chance we would have to play in first four in Dayton, that is for 16 seeds

B) No chance we could play in Greenville, the host schools can not play in that venue for NCAA tourney
 #50999  by DungeonRealm
 Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:08 pm
Best case scenario would be either Pittsburgh or Indianapolis, both are only about 8 hour drives from Gville
 #51021  by apaladin
 Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:37 pm
The first four in Dayton is not just for #16 seeds. The first four in Dayton has 2 games of #16 seeds and one game each of 2 #11 seeds and 2 #12 seeds so coming out of Dayton will be 2 #16 seeds, one #11 seed and one #12 seed, the winner of the 4 games in Dayton. Furman would not be close to a #16 seed and highly unlikely they would be an 11 or 12 seed eiitger so playing in Dayton is not hapoening. Correct Furman cannot play in Greenville not only because they are hosting but it would be considered a home game,
 #51026  by DungeonRealm
 Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:08 pm
apaladin wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:37 pm
The first four in Dayton is not just for #16 seeds. The first four in Dayton has 2 games of #16 seeds and one game each of 2 #11 seeds and 2 #12 seeds so coming out of Dayton will be 2 #16 seeds, one #11 seed and one #12 seed, the winner of the 4 games in Dayton. Furman would not be close to a #16 seed and highly unlikely they would be an 11 or 12 seed eiitger so playing in Dayton is not hapoening. Correct Furman cannot play in Greenville not only because they are hosting but it would be considered a home game,
I meant #16 seeds for the autobids

The #11 and #12 seeds in Dayton are at large teams, the last 4 at large teams into the dance
apaladin liked this