• Wofftard aka Flop-fford vs. Furman (Larsen stop flopping son)

#50331  by apaladin
 Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:44 am
Would like to beat Wofford to get the season sweep. The last 4 games mean nothing except hopefully the chance to start playing better. Where we finish and who we play means very little. It might be better to finish in the bottom 4 so we can play the extra game. Our best tournament perfromance in years was when we finished 10th. Some things never change.
 #50337  by apaladin
 Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:21 pm
Would have been nice just one time to go into the tourney knowing at least an NIT bid was secured to see if that would have taken some of the pressure off so we could play better. We had that chance in hand but blew it. Guess we will never know.
Last edited by apaladin on Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #50349  by din23
 Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:46 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:44 am
Would like to beat Wofford to get the season sweep. The last 4 games mean nothing except hopefully the chance to start playing better. Where we finish and who we play means very little. It might be better to finish in the bottom 4 so we can play the extra game. Our best tournament perfromance in years was when we finished 10th. Some things never change.
Spoken by someone who isn't playing, and maybe, has never played. EVERY game means something, and when you're in second place and aiming to get a bye, win 20 games, sweep your two biggest rivals, and head into the tournament on a win streak, these games have lots of meaning.
Roundball, MidlandsPaladin, apaladin and 1 others liked this
 #50356  by apaladin
 Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:41 pm
You guys are right, the final 4 of course do mean something, Just so disapponted we are where we are after getting hopes up after that 5 game winning streak which we played some of the best FU baskketball in recent memory. Really began thinking this team may really be the one and are really special. Even had a fleeting thought of going to asheville. Then the big hammer drop. Back to reality with a big thud.
din23, underjack liked this
 #50363  by apaladin
 Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:18 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:52 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:53 am
WCU is now the most important game of the year
While true

The way WCU has played the past month they get ZERO respect from me
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... catamounts
The way we have been playing anyone in the SoCon can beat us. UNCG, ETSU and UTC all played not so well and we lost all 3 because all of a sudden we can’t make a 3.
 #50365  by DungeonRealm
 Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:49 am
apaladin wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:18 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:52 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:53 am
WCU is now the most important game of the year
While true

The way WCU has played the past month they get ZERO respect from me
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... catamounts
The way we have been playing anyone in the SoCon can beat us. UNCG, ETSU and UTC all played not so well and we lost all 3 because all of a sudden we can’t make a 3.

I beginning to think one of the reasons we tend to lose so many 'big' games over the past 7 seasons (since we've been good) is because we give too much respect to our opponents, we play scared and soft in those games way too much. I am sick of seeing it and I am starting to think maybe its time we start disrespecting our opponents a bit, play with more of an edge lol ;)
apaladin, underjack liked this