• Depth is an ever-expanding thing

#49465  by FurmanATT
 Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:44 pm
As usual, I was up late -- my new PC intern covered his 1st game, men won on the road -- and I had to do my art of the possible on last night's Paladin game.
When I staggered toward the restroom and coffee machine this morning, I had to write a column. I thought about it and decided to go have breakfast uptown, where I also chatted with the sheriff about superstitions.
I came home, fixed what I found in the wee-hour copy, and wrote this:

https://www.furmanatt.com/features/insi ... 7cc72.html

I was thinking about this on the drive home last night. Times are good. I'm probably going a little overboard, but I've always tried to keep it simple and write what I see. After my attempt at humor on the weekend, a Wofford man wrote me a note asking if I enjoyed myself and if I had ever heard of other fans barking. I wrote back that I'd heard rumors about it in Orangeburg, but I'd never actually been personally barked at. I also thought to myself -- if God forbid, the roles had been reversed and I had written the same column from the Wofford perspective -- they all would have loved it.
This is a Furman site. I'm a Furman grad. My audience is predominantly Furman. What I try to do is concentrate on the Paladins but give the other team credit. I'm a journalist who has a Furman site. This is exactly where I am supposed to be. I write what I see. My glasses are a bit tinted.
Enjoy this. I certainly am. -- MD
Roundball, hypercycloid, underjack and 3 others liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.