• Noah Gurley

#46070  by dinhead
 Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:49 pm
Gurley "lit up" Louisiana Tech for 3 points on 1-7 FG, 1 rebound, 1 assist, 3 turnovers and 4 fouls in 20 minutes. I'm sure the NBA scouts were blown away by those numbers.
tim liked this
 #46072  by RaleighDin
 Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:57 pm
Not sure why you're taking a shot here? Noah was here 4 years and got his degree. Did he leave earlier than we thought? Sure. He also helped make our program relevant. As far as I'm concerned he not only met all expectations, he exceeded them.

Stop being petty and pull for him. I know I'll be turning on some Alabama games this year.
din23, Roundball, QCGlue liked this
 #46077  by dinhead
 Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:20 pm
He bailed on his teammates, coaches and university because he though he was an NBA prospect and wanted to play "on a bigger stage" (exact quote). Sorry, but I only root for the guys in purple and white with Furman or Paladins on their chest.
tim liked this
 #46079  by dinhead
 Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:41 pm
apaladin wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:14 pm
He did start.
And he did play in front of 12,000 people. Of course Timmons Arena has the biggest stage in all of college basketball.
We'll see. He might just have had some opening night jitters.
 #46080  by youwouldno
 Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:15 pm
dinhead wrote:
He bailed on his teammates, coaches and university because he though he was an NBA prospect and wanted to play "on a bigger stage" (exact quote). Sorry, but I only root for the guys in purple and white with Furman or Paladins on their chest.

Graduating is not "bailing" on anyone. It's not as if the Paladins had a legit shot at a Final Four or something. If someone works hard for 4 years on and off the court, and then graduates, automatically asking for more is just greedy and unrealistic.
Roundball, gman84, dinsontop liked this
 #46088  by Roundball
 Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:01 am
dinhead wrote:
I am going to lose my religion over your post, one of the most embarrassing and disappointing ever for a person that calls himself a Furman fan. I might be banned from this forum for saying this, but this post makes you sound like a dickhead, not a dinhead. I am not sorry to say that you are absolutely wrong and you owe Mr. Gurley an apology. Noah spent 4 years at Furman, getting his degree. Furman did not offer a graduate degree in the field he needed. He gave to all to our Paladins. We should be proud that he came to Furman, played his heart out, graduated and then was blessed with the opportunity to play on a bigger stage. That is a compliment to the entire coaching staff and the players. Noah is a great young man and deserves every Furman fan to pull hard for him, on and off the court.
 #46089  by Paladin91
 Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:13 am
dinhead wrote:
Gurley "lit up" Louisiana Tech for 3 points on 1-7 FG, 1 rebound, 1 assist, 3 turnovers and 4 fouls in 20 minutes. I'm sure the NBA scouts were blown away by those numbers.
Just a petty post. As others have said, Noah graduated and Alabama offered him an opportunity for more exposure and playing in a tougher conference. Everyone should be proud of Gurley’s achievements.
 #46090  by SidBreamScores
 Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:26 am
I am proud that Noah played for Furman and proud he is from Fayette County, Georgia, where I grew up.

I hope the kid kills it at Bama.
 #46091  by Affirm
 Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:02 am
SidBreamScores wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:26 am
I am proud that Noah played for Furman and proud he is from Fayette County, Georgia, where I grew up.

I hope the kid kills it at Bama.
And also gets a very legitimate graduate degree for which he will and should be proud.
 #46092  by Affirm
 Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:03 am
Paladin91 wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:13 am
dinhead wrote:
Just a petty post. As others have said, Noah graduated and Alabama offered him an opportunity for more exposure and playing in a tougher conference. Everyone should be proud of Gurley’s achievements.
Yes, and including his academic achievements.
 #46093  by Affirm
 Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:09 am
Roundball wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:01 am
dinhead wrote:
I am going to lose my religion over your post, one of the most embarrassing and disappointing ever for a person that calls himself a Furman fan. I might be banned from this forum for saying this, but this post makes you sound like a dickhead, not a dinhead. I am not sorry to say that you are absolutely wrong and you owe Mr. Gurley an apology. Noah spent 4 years at Furman, getting his degree. Furman did not offer a graduate degree in the field he needed. He gave to all to our Paladins. We should be proud that he came to Furman, played his heart out, graduated and then was blessed with the opportunity to play on a bigger stage. That is a compliment to the entire coaching staff and the players. Noah is a great young man and deserves every Furman fan to pull hard for him, on and off the court.
You are right.
He has great opportunities and great abilities to take advantage of them.
We ALL should be pulling for him (although it will be tougher to do if and when FU happens to be playing UA in the NCAA Tournament or in the NIT in March 2022).
 #46096  by tim
 Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:29 pm
Pulling for Gurley or 'Bama is optional :o :o :o

Recent Topics

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.