• Games downtown

#43216  by hawg
 Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:21 am
I'm a season ticket holder from WAY back (Joe Williams' first year). I have had several different seats at the Brown Box (even the great balcony seats at the Brown Box as a student), and a few different GREAT seats at Timmons.
My thoughts about the downtown venue.
1- I hope the A.D. and staff are right that having a few games downtown is good for the program.
2- From a personal standpoint, the downtown games suck. Traffic, parking, getting in/out of your seat are all distinctly second rate, especially when compared to Timmons.
3- But the primary problem I have is that there are NO (read that ZERO) good seats in whatever they are calling Bon Secours now. If there are any, I have not been introduced to them. I like being close to the action (yes, Jimmy Howell HATED the Brown Box for the closeness) and like being able to see the out-of-bounds lines.
It is possible that the front row across from where the teams sit might be OK. I admit I do not know.
FU69 liked this
 #43218  by furpop16
 Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:43 pm
So good to see a hawg post.
FU69 liked this
 #43221  by cavedweller2
 Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:38 pm
The Brown Box spoiled us.
QCGlue liked this
 #43230  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:35 pm
Woffy at FU 2020 is proof that big games at the 'Well' are great
FU69 liked this
 #43241  by Furmanoid
 Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:02 pm
I remember watching my first Brown Box game. We beat Florida, and it wasn’t an upset.
Affirm, FU69 liked this
 #43242  by Roundball
 Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:04 pm
I love sitting on the court at Timmons. But, for the atmosphere and big time feel, give me The Well. It’s fun for the fans, the students, and most importantly, the players and staff. Now, from what I am hearing, we will have that atmosphere when Timmons it is finally upgraded.
Last edited by Roundball on Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #43256  by apaladin
 Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:51 pm
hawg wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:21 am
I'm a season ticket holder from WAY back (Joe Williams' first year). I have had several different seats at the Brown Box (even the great balcony seats at the Brown Box as a student), and a few different GREAT seats at Timmons.
My thoughts about the downtown venue.
1- I hope the A.D. and staff are right that having a few games downtown is good for the program.
2- From a personal standpoint, the downtown games suck. Traffic, parking, getting in/out of your seat are all distinctly second rate, especially when compared to Timmons.
3- But the primary problem I have is that there are NO (read that ZERO) good seats in whatever they are calling Bon Secours now. If there are any, I have not been introduced to them. I like being close to the action (yes, Jimmy Howell HATED the Brown Box for the closeness) and like being able to see the out-of-bounds lines.
It is possible that the front row across from where the teams sit might be OK. I admit I do not know.
Completely disagree. Park across the street. Walk is not much further than Timmons. There is also a parking deck right beside, again a short walk. Seats are fabulous. Atmosphere is awesome. I guess it is so awful is why the NCAA tourney is returning this season.
MNORM, Roundball, QCGlue liked this
 #43783  by apaladin
 Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:02 pm
Saw Garrett Hien at the football game. He is really thin. Listed at 205 and that may be high.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.