• BAD TREND

#36583  by apaladin
 Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:28 pm
We have not scored 80 points in a game in a month. We have not reached 70 the last 3 games. Last night was the lowest output of the year and the first time we have not reached 60. Basketball is a simple game. You have to put the ball in the basket. We are not doing it. Trending in the wrong direction.
 #36596  by purplehorse
 Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:23 pm
I had a partner years ago who quit coming to Furman bb games because he said the team only had one problem-we could not score. Lots of truth to that now. The truth is Gurley rarely gets a dunk. He usually tries to bank in a little 5 footer. Neither he or Slaw are particularly good at backing people down. Bothwell and Alex have been inconsistent from outside. Bothwell is no longer driving to the basket successfully and Hunter usually misses layups or gets them blocked. Mounce is clearly our most versatile scorer. Bench scoring is largely non-existent without Hien.
 #36597  by PaladinPower
 Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:26 pm
Absolutely laughable that a team can average 80+ a game for the season (bad stretch or not) and rank near the top of the NCAA in FG% and EFG% and people think the sky is falling. News flash: it's not.
DoomedDin1127, Fork457 liked this
 #36599  by DoomedDin1127
 Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:34 pm
I looked at the Wofford Sports forum and they use this page as a laughing stock. They quote all the negative salty posts and make fun of the hostile nature we adapt sometimes. I totally get being frustrated when we lose, but this is OUR alma mater, and they have so much potential. These athletes are trying so damn hard during everything going on. As affirm says, we ARE good enough. Don’t give Wofford fans the luxury of seeing us act like the sky is falling.
 #36601  by apaladin
 Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:48 pm
PaladinPower wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:26 pm
Absolutely laughable that a team can average 80+ a game for the season (bad stretch or not) and rank near the top of the NCAA in FG% and EFG% and people think the sky is falling. News flash: it's not.
At one point we we were one of the top scoring teams in the country averaging almost 90 points a game and now are at 79.9 per game. Since the VMI game we are averaging 67 points or more that 20+ points down. We are also 2-4 in those six games. Ignore if you wish but it is a news flash our scoring is way down and our winning is way down. Need to right the ship in a hurry starting Saturday against WCU.
 #36602  by PaladinPower
 Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:55 pm
So a team that had averaged 90 in the same season is not capable of doing so because they’ve not scored that many in a while? Not sure if I follow. They’re not broken.

Very capable offensively - Jon Rothstein
 #36605  by Furmanoid
 Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:29 pm
Well we started off against Tusculum, USC U and Southern Wesleyan. Not long after we played Flagler and then an SC State team that probably can’t beat OW High School. Our points per game average is very padded. It has been dropping since we started playing in the tough SoCon.

Watch the games. We don’t have anybody who is comfortable in the paint. We don’t have anyone who can really go one on one with average DI defenders. Our 3 shooting is iffy because we shoot low angle bullets and hope for the best. We don’t do put backs.

We have pretty good players who try really hard and an OK coach. The sky isn’t falling. We are in the top half of a maybe better than average conference.
FUpaladin08 liked this
 #36608  by Furmanoid
 Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:45 pm
PaladinPower wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:40 pm
Furmanoid is either a really good troll or a closet Wofford fan.
What sentence in my post do you disagree with? Be specific. Where am I wrong?

And by the way I have zero respect for the Wofford program. Apparently you think they’re awesome because you are ok with being dominated by them.
Affirm liked this
 #36610  by PaladinPower
 Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:07 pm
Literally your entire second paragraph. And CBR being an ok coach. You’re really making a case for him to take the first P5 job opening and he’s not going to miss it because of “fans” like yourself who spew garbage takes. Just watch the games and support the team. It’s not hard.
 #36611  by Furmanoid
 Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:34 pm
PaladinPower wrote:
Literally your entire second paragraph. And CBR being an ok coach. You’re really making a case for him to take the first P5 job opening and he’s not going to miss it because of “fans” like yourself who spew garbage takes. Just watch the games and support the team. It’s not hard.
OK so you watch the games and you see FU players scoring well in the paint, successfully taking people to the hoop regularly, and shooting well from 3 night after night. You see plateauing at 2nd to fourth in the freaking SoCon as better than ok. That is at least debatable. What would “ok” be? Next to last on the SoCon? Do you think CBR is ok with his performance?

I’m not spewing garbage. I’m being honest. I’m not trashing these guys for bad attitudes and lack of effort like some are. I’m saying there have been completely unrealistic expectations put on them. But we can still win the SoCon tournament. Almost anybody but WCU has a chance.
 #36612  by FUBeAR
 Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:20 pm
DoomedDin1127 wrote:
I looked at the Wofford Sports forum and they use this page as a laughing stock. They quote all the negative salty posts and make fun of the hostile nature we adapt sometimes. I totally get being frustrated when we lose, but this is OUR alma mater, and they have so much potential. These athletes are trying so damn hard during everything going on. As affirm says, we ARE good enough. Don’t give Wofford fans the luxury of seeing us act like the sky is falling.
On one hand, I feel ya.

On the other hand, do you really care what any PunyPups fan and/or alum thinks, feels, or says about anything at all?

FUBeAR certainly does not.

#FUATT
furpop16, Furmanoid liked this
 #36613  by PaladinPower
 Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:38 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:34 pm
PaladinPower wrote:
OK so you watch the games and you see FU players scoring well in the paint, successfully taking people to the hoop regularly, and shooting well from 3 night after night. You see plateauing at 2nd to fourth in the freaking SoCon as better than ok. That is at least debatable. What would “ok” be? Next to last on the SoCon? Do you think CBR is ok with his performance?

I’m not spewing garbage. I’m being honest. I’m not trashing these guys for bad attitudes and lack of effort like some are. I’m saying there have been completely unrealistic expectations put on them. But we can still win the SoCon tournament. Almost anybody but WCU has a chance.
So this team can’t shoot the ball, can’t drive the ball, and has no players with any post game or put back skills. Oh yea and their bench has no potential. But hey Furmanoid, at least you didn’t criticize their effort! Such a saint.
 #36621  by DoomedDin1127
 Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:07 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:20 pm
DoomedDin1127 wrote:
On one hand, I feel ya.

On the other hand, do you really care what any PunyPups fan and/or alum thinks, feels, or says about anything at all?

FUBeAR certainly does not.

#FUATT
You’re right Mr. FUBeAr. I shouldn’t care about the yard yappers. I think I’m more so against all the negativity we are breeding sometimes.
FUBeAR, hypercycloid liked this
 #36800  by Affirm
 Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:24 pm
The PunyPups, yard yappers, ankle biters can consider us laughing stock if for no other reason than our having failed to win SoCon men’s basketball championship for 40 straight years and counting.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.