• Weekends at the Well/Timmons

#35745  by stonemd
 Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:16 am
After deliberate consideration, Furman Athletics has decided to host this season's remaining "Weekends at the Well" games on campus in Timmons Arena. The decision was made in consultation with university leadership and Furman basketball coach Bob Richey. The impacted games include Chattanooga on January 30; Wofford on February 6; and Western Carolina on February 13....
 #35757  by Flagman
 Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:14 am
This can be attributed to the total lack of leadership from Greenville County council in mandating masks throughout the county. It does little for the cities to have a mandate and not the entire county. In addition, too many people still refuse to wear masks and exercise social distancing. Wake up Greenville before someone you know dies.
hypercycloid, QCGlue, Affirm and 1 others liked this
 #35758  by CharlieFU
 Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:31 am
Flagman wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:14 am
This can be attributed to the total lack of leadership from Greenville County council in mandating masks throughout the county. It does little for the cities to have a mandate and not the entire county. In addition, too many people still refuse to wear masks and exercise social distancing. Wake up Greenville before someone you know dies.
Amen, preacher! Someone I know has already died from COVID, just this week. A Furman Paladin in fact. Retired Furman Chaplain Dr Jim Pitts.
 #35760  by fupaladin01
 Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:43 am
Flagman, can you point to a county or a state that has implemented these proposed mask mandates and either A)seen demonstrable improvement as a result or B) avoided further large spikes in cases? All the data I've seen from across the country says the opposite. For instance, LA county where they've had closed schools for nearly a year, mask mandates for indoors and out, and they fine citizens for not earing them. Pretty much the worst place for the virus at present.
I think the crux of the debate is not whether people know what to do to protect themselves or others, or even their willingness to do those things, but on whether or not they are proven or practical.
 #35762  by apaladin
 Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:50 am
Everywhere I go I never see anyone not wearing a mask except eating in a restaurant. This decision is costing FU a lot of money. They are going to have to give me back $500 plus and thats just me.
 #35763  by JoeyFreshwater
 Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:04 pm
apaladin wrote:Everywhere I go I never see anyone not wearing a mask except eating in a restaurant. This decision is costing FU a lot of money. They are going to have to give me back $500 plus and thats just me.
I bet this decision actually saves FU coin as I mentioned previously in another thread
 #35764  by apaladin
 Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:13 pm
JoeyFreshwater wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:04 pm
apaladin wrote:Everywhere I go I never see anyone not wearing a mask except eating in a restaurant. This decision is costing FU a lot of money. They are going to have to give me back $500 plus and thats just me.
I bet this decision actually saves FU coin as I mentioned previously in another thread
Dont think so. Remember FU already gives the well money as a sponsor and Im sure it includes some usage or certainly some at a reduced rate.
 #35766  by Roundball
 Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:18 pm
apaladin wrote:
Everywhere I go I never see anyone not wearing a mask except eating in a restaurant. This decision is costing FU a lot of money. They are going to have to give me back $500 plus and thats just me.
Thankfully, Furman is putting the health of our community ahead of the almighty dollar.
hypercycloid liked this
 #35770  by Flagman
 Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:22 pm
apaladin wrote:
You haven’t been to Walmart, then.
hypercycloid liked this
 #35775  by Roundball
 Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:24 pm
The statement from JD says, "Full refunds will be issued to ticket holders who purchased tickets at the Bon Secours Wellness Arena, and we will invite each of you to attend a special pre-season basketball event next year in advance of the 2021-2022 season." I purchased mine through online using my One Furman Tix account, not at the Well Arena. Should we assume we will be refunded the full amount if we didn't purchase tickets at the Well Arena?
 #35790  by apaladin
 Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:57 pm
Bought mine thru FU and have not received a refund for the 1/16 game. I assume since they pretty much knew they were going to cancel all the well games they would issue the one refund for all 4.
 #36202  by PaladinPower
 Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:59 am
I purchased a pod of 3 tickets in the upper deck for the single ETSU game on 1/16. Received an email about a week or two ago from ticketmaster that the refund had been processed. I ended up getting the full refund a few days ago or late last week.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.