• Interesting transfer

#26756  by tya1
 Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:58 pm
Trey McGowens, 6'4" guard for Pittsburgh, announced he would transfer. McGowens is a local guy who went to Wren HS and was offered very early by Furman in his high school career. He had plenty of success at Pittsburgh - started both his freshman and sophomore seasons and averaged over 11 ppg each year.

He was named to the ACC all-academic team this year so he can probably pick and choose from a lot of schools. I haven't heard why he wants to leave Pitt.

I don't know that Furman would try to recruit him. We haven't looked for transfers much, if at all, lately but it seems McGowens might be a an exception - local guy,good academics, prior history, etc.

His younger brother recently committed to Florida State as a high school junior. Trey has already picked up offers from Arkansas, Nebraska, and Wichita State within a few hours of announcing a transfer.
 #26759  by Affirm
 Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:18 pm
tya1 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:58 pm
Trey McGowens, 6'4" guard for Pittsburgh, announced he would transfer. McGowens is a local guy who went to Wren HS and was offered very early by Furman in his high school career. He had plenty of success at Pittsburgh - started both his freshman and sophomore seasons and averaged over 11 ppg each year.

He was named to the ACC all-academic team this year so he can probably pick and choose from a lot of schools. I haven't heard why he wants to leave Pitt.

I don't know that Furman would try to recruit him. We haven't looked for transfers much, if at all, lately but it seems McGowens might be a an exception - local guy,good academics, prior history, etc.

His younger brother recently committed to Florida State as a high school junior. Trey has already picked up offers from Arkansas, Nebraska, and Wichita State within a few hours of announcing a transfer.
We really are low on things about which to post these days.

Recent Topics

User avatar What just happened?

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:39 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:39 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:38 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:38 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by RoanokeGreensboro80

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:36 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.