• Thank you, Jordan Lyons

#26661  by fufanatic
 Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:49 am
He will he missed greatly, but I have no doubt he will do wonderful things in the future. Absolutely can’t wait for next season already.
FUKA61, underjack, dornb and 1 others liked this
 #26664  by apaladin
 Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:16 pm
There is growing sentiment to let all seniors play again next year, if there is a next year if they want to. Not just basketball but all spring sports. Wonder if JL would play next year if given the opportunity.
 #26667  by fufanatic
 Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:01 pm
apaladin wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:16 pm
There is growing sentiment to let all seniors play again next year, if there is a next year if they want to. Not just basketball but all spring sports. Wonder if JL would play next year if given the opportunity.
I read it as just spring sports, not winter since those sports completed their whole season minus championships. Spring sports only got like 2-3 weeks in. As for JL, I would kinda doubt it. I’m sure he would like to start his professional career, and there’s not exactly a ton of stuff for him to do in the classroom. Options would be a double major or a masters degree in something he might not care about.
 #26674  by apaladin
 Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:18 pm
An NCAA council has recommended that seniors be given another year if their season ended early. I don’t know if JL would qualify. They have given no details yet.
 #26678  by DungeonRealm
 Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:06 pm
apaladin wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:18 pm
An NCAA council has recommended that seniors be given another year if their season ended early. I don’t know if JL would qualify. They have given no details yet.

For the Spring sports it would make sense because they barely had any season under their belts at all, for the winter sports like Basketball it would make zero sense, and there would not be a fair way to realistically make it work anyways given scholarship restrictions. A lot of seniors were already done, and the few that were still playing, in most cases only had 1 or 2 more games left in their season, so that's all pretty much a dead issue as far as gaining any traction for basketball really.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by The Jackal

Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:15 pm

User avatar What just happened?

by FU Hoopla

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:49 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:39 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:38 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:38 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.