• Corona Virus Prevention Methods

#26561  by FurmAlum
 Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:44 pm
1. Wash hands thoroughly before drinking your Corona. Should be done at least 10-12 times a day. Dying of Cirrhosis is much preferred over Corona Virus.

2. Follow old Cold War advice for preparing for nuclear attack:
(a) spread your legs
(b) grab both ankles
(c) put head down between your legs
(d) and kiss your ass goodbye
 #26562  by apaladin
 Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:48 pm
Almost funny. New cases in China have slowed to a trickle. Wonder why the media hasn't widely reported this?
 #26567  by FurmAlum
 Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:28 pm
I hope so, especially if we are in it. Maybe by having no fans there we could nullify the home court advantage if we had to play Clempson or USC on the road. Sure would hate it for our fans and players if we were to host.
 #26568  by purplehorse
 Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:51 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:28 pm
I hope so, especially if we are in it. Maybe by having no fans there we could nullify the home court advantage if we had to play Clempson or USC on the road. Sure would hate it for our fans and players if we were to host.
NIT thread says the NIT will take play with no fans. I like that decision meaning I would hate for it to be cancelled for the player’s sake.
 #26569  by fufanatic
 Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:00 am
apaladin wrote:
Almost funny. New cases in China have slowed to a trickle. Wonder why the media hasn't widely reported this?
They've slowed because China has taken some drastic steps ... steps the U.S. is starting to see. It's going to get worse before it gets better. No doubt about that.
 #26570  by apaladin
 Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:37 am
fufanatic wrote:
apaladin wrote:
They've slowed because China has taken some drastic steps ... steps the U.S. is starting to see. It's going to get worse before it gets better. No doubt about that.
I agree but still doesn't explain why the news media hasn't reprted it. BTW the population of China is 1,408,526,449. They have had just over 80,000 cases. That is .000056 of 1 percent. Of course you won't hear that either. Another perspective is that all the people in China that have the virus out of 1.4 billion is about 16 percent of the Greenville county population. Another 14 million people in China would have to get the virus just to get to one percent. Not saying it isn't serious, it is, but it is a little blown out of proportion.
 #26572  by Roundball
 Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:50 am
apaladin wrote:
The media has been reporting this.
din23 liked this
 #26573  by gman84
 Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:57 am
fufanatic wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Yes, yes and yes. Epidemiologists have been warning of an event like this for years. We should consider covid 19 as a test run. If it means canceling sporting events, vacations etc., then so be it. This concept of globalization and open borders world wide sounds great, but it isn't working when we have some many different countries and cultures with different health standards. If you want to kill the snake, then cut it's head off!
 #26575  by tim
 Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:19 am
If this is just the warmup and it will be flu seasonal, we certainly can't justify having a Basketball program . Its just too dangerous. Drop the program and give the money to Football.
 #26576  by Roundball
 Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:26 am
tim wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:19 am
If this is just the warmup and it will be flu seasonal, we certainly can't justify having a Basketball program . Its just too dangerous. Drop the program and give the money to Football.
We can build an open roof over Paladin Stadium for basketball. More fans will attend basketball games than football games. :D
Affirm liked this
 #26601  by Furmanoid
 Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:11 pm
I don’t have much faith in any stats coming out of China. I hope they have it under control but I don’t see how that is possible. Obviously it escaped Wuhan or we wouldn’t have it.

Recent Topics

User avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:53 pm

User avatar What just happened?

by FU Hoopla

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:49 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:39 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:38 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:38 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.