• Parking

#26484  by purplehorse
 Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:45 pm
Anybody else have a parking issue at the basketball games this year. At two games I turned into the A lot and there were no more spaces. That did not count the Citadel game where I was redirected to another lot because the women’s game was not over. I worry this is going to get worse.

I also worry about football parking now with the new changes. If the parking in a particular lot is “first come first serve” that means if you get there late, there may not be a space for you?

A shame the Pal-Life rules changed. Life goes on.
 #26493  by Roundball
 Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:09 am
I had issues too, but have decided it’s a good thing to have to look for a parking space. The alternative means bad basketball.
paladinfan12, FUKA61, fufanatic and 1 others liked this
 #26497  by cavedweller2
 Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:54 am
Obviously you never drove to and parked at a game at the Brown Box if you are whining about parking at Timmons.
QCGlue and 1 others liked this
 #26508  by Davemeister
 Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:56 am
purplehorse wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:45 pm
I also worry about football parking now with the new changes. If the parking in a particular lot is “first come first serve” that means if you get there late, there may not be a space for you?
I doubt there will be any shortage of parking at the Stadium this fall. That is - sadly - the current state of attendance.
 #26554  by Flagman
 Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:43 pm
The truth is the red, yellow, and blue lots have never been full and the purple spaces along the rugby pitch were only half used. People have suggested opening at least the yellow lot to the general public. Because of my large tailgate set-up and having a trailer for it, I’ve used the yellow lot for years and my section has had no fewer that 10 cars.
QCGlue liked this
 #26565  by purplehorse
 Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:20 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:54 am
Obviously you never drove to and parked at a game at the Brown Box if you are whining about parking at Timmons.
I went to Memorial auditorium all the time growing up here. Never had a problem with parking as we always parked in a friend’s business parking lot-and it was free.

Just find it a little peculiar you are assigned a certain lot (purple A) and no parking spaces there. No big deal.

I feel better finding out that nothing changes for Pal-Life members.
 #26577  by Affirm
 Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:23 am
What does “Pal-Life” or “Pal-Life members” mean?
If it means a life membership for which you pay a big sum to join, I was not aware such existed.
Of course, I’m only asking out of curiosity - I don’t have sufficient wealth to even consider joining at that elite level.
Do those members not have a continuing annual payment obligation?
I’m glad to be able to just afford being a Paladin Club member at the next-to-lowest level.
 #26578  by Flagman
 Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:40 am
Pal-Life was a giving plan where one could dedicate a life insurance policy to Furman.
 #26581  by Roundball
 Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:12 am
Flagman wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:40 am
Pal-Life was a giving plan where one could dedicate a life insurance policy to Furman.
I’m still kicking myself for doing this at the time. It was relatively cheap was the benefits.

Recent Topics

User avatar What just happened?

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:39 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:39 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:38 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:38 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by RoanokeGreensboro80

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:36 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.