• Transfers

#26359  by purplehorse
 Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:10 pm
It seems that we have the same problem in basketball as we do in football.

ETSU always has transfers and junior college players. The 7 footer is a junior college player.

UTC had two starters who were transfers (Ryan and last name starts with a C maybe Calderon -a guess).

Faulkner for Western.

I am sure there are others.

I cannot remember Furman having a transfer of impact in the past.
 #26362  by Roundball
 Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:47 pm
purplehorse wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:10 pm
It seems that we have the same problem in basketball as we do in football.

ETSU always has transfers and junior college players. The 7 footer is a junior college player.

UTC had two starters who were transfers (Ryan and last name starts with a C maybe Calderon -a guess).

Faulkner for Western.

I am sure there are others.

I cannot remember Furman having a transfer of impact in the past.
I don’t consider it a problem at all. I love what we do with building boys into men.
Affirm, QCGlue, fufanatic and 2 others liked this
 #26376  by Paul C
 Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:33 pm
We are a development program and I love it that way.

I want to forget the names of recruits by the time they see the floor...
Roundball liked this
 #26378  by purplehorse
 Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:17 pm
True and true.

But transfers do work out sometimes ie. Ingle Martin in football. He is a fine young man and was a great asset to our football team.
Paladin575, FUBeAR liked this
 #26395  by The Jackal
 Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:41 pm
purplehorse wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:17 pm
True and true.

But transfers do work out sometimes ie. Ingle Martin in football. He is a fine young man and was a great asset to our football team.
Transfers are not an evil in and of themselves. I think the best sort of transfer is an impact player that fills an immediate need on an already solid team - Ingle Martin at QB for example.

Realistically, most transfer players are largely forgettable.

It doesn't seem to me that the transfer issue is a great disadvantage to Furman. It actually may be an advantage to us - we are able to recruit, retain, and develop guys for 4 or 5 years in this program. Those schools that take on a bunch of transfers usually have to do so by necessity - they are cycling players out of the program so quickly they have to continuously resupply with new "game ready" players.
FUBeAR, purplehorse liked this
 #26399  by paladinfan12
 Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:26 am
Most transfers come to a program because a spot opened up. If no one transfers out, then you don't need to bring anyone in.

Recent Topics

User avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:04 pm

User avatar What just happened?

by FU Hoopla

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:49 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:39 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:38 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:38 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.