• 2020 Season Wrap

#26314  by Paul C
 Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:14 pm
Exceeded expectations with a disappointing end.

Most on here felt we’d be around 11-7 or 12-6 in the SoCon, and some of the pessimists felt like .500 would be good. I think I was in the 12-6 camp. Don’t think anyone on here felt like 15-3 was attainable.
FUKA61, Roundball liked this
 #26316  by fufanatic
 Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:21 pm
Agreed on all accounts. Awesome regular season. Typical tourney. This team would beat the 2015 teams 9 out of 10 times, but that team was a sneeze away from the NCAA Tourney.
 #26319  by furpop16
 Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:39 pm
I've loved every minute of it - from apaladin leading the fill-out-the-ooc-schedule game right up to now - thank you Jordan, Coach, & all. I hope it isn't over.

That said, CBR mentioned on the pre-game show that one day this past mid-week was devoted to "mental training". I'd like to know more about that. Should there have been more? Or did that which was delivered psyche the guys out? Or are there better mental training programs out there? So many little things that add up to a collective sclerotic mental lapse.
 #26333  by purplehorse
 Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:16 am
Great regular season capped off by beating UNCG on the road. We worked very hard to earn the # 2 seed. We overachieved here.

Very disappointing loss tonight. We underachieved. It happens. The next hump the program needs to get over is learning how to WIN in the postseason.

I expect us to be significantly better next year.
 #26336  by apaladin
 Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:27 am
Definitely exceeded expectations. Hoping it is not over. As for next year we will definitely miss Jordan Lyons not only his play but his leadership. Will definitey have to fnd some new faces to help out next year. As it stands rght now we would have a 6 man rotation. Gonna have to at least one or two of the redshirts or freshmen contribute. Just hate talking about next year already. :(
FUKA61 liked this
 #26345  by Furmanoid
 Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:24 pm
Had we done much better this year we would lose the coach. Now he’s stuck and can use that awesome record to recruit. We are going to get real good soon and winning the SoCon will be no big deal.
 #26346  by CharlieFU
 Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:31 pm
Watching Jordan on the post game press conference reminded of Coach Richey’s goal: FURther the MAN. Jordan has grown up before our very own eyes. And countless more.
fufanatic, FUKA61, apaladin and 4 others liked this
 #26347  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:55 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Had we done much better this year we would lose the coach. Now he’s stuck and can use that awesome record to recruit. We are going to get real good soon and winning the SoCon will be no big deal.
I agree
Woffy is going to get use to losing 16+ games every year and we are going to get use to winning 25+ games per year and going to the NCAA tournament
 #26353  by apaladin
 Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:55 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Furmanoid wrote:
I agree
Woffy is going to get use to losing 16+ games every year and we are going to get use to winning 25+ games per year and going to the NCAA tournament
No offense, but I have to chuckle a little at these 2 comments. :lol:
 #26357  by Paul C
 Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:43 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
We ARE real good.
 #26363  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:57 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:55 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Furmanoid wrote:
I agree
No offense, but I have to chuckle a little at these 2 comments. :lol:

If you already feel defeated about future potential I don't really give a shit apaladin, I feel confident our program is going to keep pushing forward and getting stronger each year
 #26364  by Furmanoid
 Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:01 pm
Ok we’re real good and WC is really really good. My point is that these guys have put us in position to recruit a whole different kind of guy. We have to get a lot better and you do that by getting better guys. If it happens and we have another Joe Williamsesque run or better, these guys can and should claim that they made it possible.
 #26365  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:06 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:01 pm
Ok we’re real good and WC is really really good. My point is that these guys have put us in position to recruit a whole different kind of guy. We have to get a lot better and you do that by getting better guys. If it happens and we have another Joe Williamsesque run or better, these guys can and should claim that they made it possible.
Woffy stinks, tonight or tomorrow they will lose their 16th game of the season, we should have smoked them, we had a very good regular season, we will eventually get to where we are kicking these crappy wofford teams in the ass, soon
 #26366  by Affirm
 Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:10 pm
Wofford is our rival. We want them to be good, just not better than us.
The better Wofford is, the better it is any time we beat them.
 #26367  by Furmanoid
 Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:24 pm
I still have a hard time accepting them as a rival. I think of them as an naia team that should not be a challenge at all. But right now they are better than us. Beat us 2 out of 3. It’s not a curse. It’s not mental. We have to get better. I’m confident that coach doesn’t think this team is as good as it gets.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by The Jackal

Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:13 pm

User avatar What just happened?

by FU Hoopla

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:49 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:39 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:38 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:38 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.