• Let’s Party!

#26125  by CharlieFU
 Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:53 am
I hope some of you will come to Asheville for the tournament. It’s a lot of fun to be in that atmosphere and it’s a time to celebrate this team’s success!

No matter what happens in SoCon, they can’t take away the record breaking 25 regular season wins and 15-3 record in SoCon. We were picked to finish 3rd in conference and nobody predicted we would win 15 conference games. Two of the conference losses were to the other top teams, UNCG and ETSU. Nobody swept us.

If you go to SoCon web site and see the various team stats, you will find us near the top in almost every category (rebounding not being one of them). No break out stars, but a true team effort.

Coach Richey won’t win Coach of the Year, but he probably should. Keeping the pieces together and with a slim bench, he deserves to be recognized.

Now let’s finish this.
Roundball, MNORM, hypercycloid and 5 others liked this
 #26129  by tim
 Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:40 am
I'm going Saturday. Hope I can convince some family to come. No party is complete without some dance moves. Hope to be dancin' Monday!
 #26132  by fufanatic
 Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:55 am
Will be watching from Chicago. Let's do this!
dornb and 1 others liked this
 #26138  by furpop16
 Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:56 am
fufanatic wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:55 am
Will be watching from Chicago. Let's do this!

Likewise, Los Angeles. Go 'Dins!
fufanatic and 1 others liked this
 #26139  by soconjohn
 Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:09 pm
As good as Furman was last year, I have said since the Loyola game this year that this team in better than last year's team...Honestly, this might be one of the best team's in school history...Doesn't mean they will win, but I can't imagine a team in my lifetime (39 yrs) that has gone to the tournament with a better team...Maybe some have had as good of a chance to win it, but not as talented as this team.
 #26140  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:18 pm
soconjohn wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:09 pm
As good as Furman was last year, I have said since the Loyola game this year that this team in better than last year's team...Honestly, this might be one of the best team's in school history...Doesn't mean they will win, but I can't imagine a team in my lifetime (39 yrs) that has gone to the tournament with a better team...Maybe some have had as good of a chance to win it, but not as talented as this team.
I agree, I have been to about 20 SoCon tournaments, I would say this is the most exciting and talented group I have seen us enter the tournament with
QCGlue liked this
 #26145  by purplehorse
 Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:28 pm
Still wish there was a bus trip Saturday like the ETSU trip. I am convinced we could fill it.

There is a bus trip on Sunday which would include both the women’s championship and the men’s semi-finals but that would happen only if the women make it to the finals.
 #26254  by furpop16
 Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:36 pm
Purple FU basketball shirt ... check
Purple FU "Dad" ball-cap ... double-check

CharlieFU: Los Angeles is ready.

Recent Topics

User avatar What just happened?

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:45 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:39 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:38 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:38 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by RoanokeGreensboro80

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:36 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.