• Wed-Sat vs Thurs-Sat Games

#24376  by purplehorse
 Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:52 am
I heard the TV announcers tonight (Jan 22 ) mention that there had been a lot of discussion about the nights of the games this year. Anybody know why there was a change this year, what the thoughts are about next year, preferences etc. ?
 #24400  by Flagman
 Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:46 pm
Whoever sets the schedule for SoCon basketball has obviously never played the game and had to endure the travel/class/practice schedule of a college basketball player,
Horse, Horse liked this
 #24404  by fufanatic
 Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:16 pm
Flagman wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:46 pm
Whoever sets the schedule for SoCon basketball has obviously never played the game and had to endure the travel/class/practice schedule of a college basketball player,
I don't know if it's this way for every team, but Furman's schedule actually lays out pretty well for missing the least amount of class possible considering it's college basketball and the travel is significant. Only have back-to-back road games once during SoCon play and that's a Saturday-Wednesday, so the guys will only miss classes on Wednesday (and maybe late classes on Tuesday/early Thursday classes). The rest are one-off trips, where they'll miss 1-1.5 days of class tops. Not bad. Especially considering some of those Thursday-Saturday double road game trips in previous years would have involved missing 2-2.5 days of class.
 #24405  by FUFan
 Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:38 pm
Heard from a reliable source that other socon teams didn't really like playing Wofford and Furman back to back which had been the travel schedule in past years i.e. teams come to play FU on Thurs. then travel over to WC to play there and same for FU and WC on the road...?
 #24406  by FUFan
 Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:38 pm
Heard from a reliable source that other socon teams didn't really like playing Wofford and Furman back to back which had been the travel schedule in past years i.e. teams come to play FU on Thurs. then travel over to WC to play there and same for FU and WC on the road...?
 #24408  by apaladin
 Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:05 pm
Why does the midweek games always have to be the same day? Why not some Tuesday, some Wednesday and some Thursday since they are no longer doing the 2 game travel schedule. Wednesday's are definitely not working for us attendance wise. I've heard one reason is it is a church night.
 #24412  by purplehorse
 Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:21 pm
I hope I can call and find out the night of the week-day games before next season. I need to know which night to count on there being a Furman BB game.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Bothwell

by PeterGrif

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:19 pm

User avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by AllTimeFU

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:16 pm

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:35 pm

Default Avatar What just happened?

by The Jackal

Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:33 pm

User avatar What just happened?

by bj93

Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:32 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.