• Andrew Brown Surgery

#1169  by CharlieFU
 Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:00 am
Since this has been widely discussed on Facebook, I am also posting here.

Andrew had hernia surgery earlier this week. He had some complications, resulting in an infection. As of last night he was in ICU.

PRAYERS for his full recovery and peace for his family.

This is his mom’s Facebook post late last night:

Sometimes this is all the Lord allows you to do. Some of you know by now that Andrew had a very serious complication from his surgery on Tuesday. His small intestine got nicked. He had large leakage into his abdomen and his organs were starting to be in trouble. After a scan and other tests the diagnosis was peritonitis and he needed emergency surgery today. It could not be fixed laparoscopically so he now has quite the incision down his belly. He is Currently in ICU and will Be in the hospital 7-10 days. There are many things for which I am thankful throughout today. God, in His mercy, kicked the “mother intuition” into overdrive this morning - I knew he needed serious help that didn’t need to wait. Dear friends and family were by my side throughout the day.
 #1170  by MNORM
 Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:59 am
Prayers coming from the Normington family.
 #1178  by fufanatic
 Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:16 am
Oh my gosh that is awful! Hopefully he will make a full recovery. Very scary, considering what should have been "routine" surgery.
 #1179  by Flagman
 Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:59 am
It's good that he has a strong advocate in his mother. Keep pressing. With my wife as my advocate last year, I'm here to post on the UFFP.
Jasper, fufanatic, gman and 2 others liked this
 #1180  by dornb
 Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:47 pm
I am so sorry all did not go as planned, but I am so glad that his Mom was on the job! Praying for a full recovery!
FU69 liked this
 #1242  by gman
 Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:30 am
Several tweets went out last night asking for extra prayers for Andrew Brown. Keep praying.
 #1258  by fufanatic
 Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:25 pm
Any updates on Andrew? All these cryptic messages don't sound good.
 #1260  by gman
 Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:44 pm
His mom’s latest Facebook post.
“Written by my sweet friend, Kirin Mitchell, sitting by my side.
Andrew started the morning with a CT scan because his abdomen was still tight. While still not conclusive, they ruled out blood clots in his lungs and will do another scan tomorrow to rule out intestinal obstruction or an abscess. He is not yet able to maintain O2 levels on his own.

With two surgeries in a week and the iv drip, there is alot of fluid retention which may be the cause of abdomen being so distended. He still has the NG tube in trying to help pull the fluid out of his stomach. The doctors are hopeful fluid will decrease as all systems recover and begin doing what they are supposed to do. He is sleeping a little better.

He walked from his room down to the waiting room using a rolling walker and pushed through the pain knowing that being upright and moving will help him recover. Specifically praying for fluids to decrease, Oxygen levels to stabilize and for the distension in his chest and abdomen to decrease and that all body systems begin performing well. Not out of the woods yet for the potential need of additional surgery so contnued, fervent prayers appreciated!
By Suzanne-last night was rough for these parents and siblings. The emotional toil definitely takes over when tired. Over and over again..... but God..... using things as simple as a friend saying she felt led to stop texting and pick up the phone to call even though it was late. Couldn’t have timed that better. I could see God’s hand again in sending friends this morning to help work through the emotions with one brother.
And then there is the city girl sister who had to remove the half eaten chicken from last nights fox attack—left in the pasture by chunking it to the woods for the coyotes........ let’s just say playing Green Acres is not her forte!! I’ve gotten several good laughs out of that.

Thank you for continuing to lift up our boy and to love us well.”
MNORM, FU69 liked this
 #1264  by soconjohn
 Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:51 pm
He'll be okay...He's tough...Still, always hard to see someone battling pain...Prayers go out to he and his family.
 #1267  by fufanatic
 Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:04 pm
Thanks for the link. The Facebook posts didn't quite answer the most pressing question that I couldn't stomach to ask on a public forum, which is that I'm glad he's past the point of life threatening. I never like to blame doctors, but I would be curious to now how this type of mistake happens. I'm sure Andrew is just ready to get back out on the court and in the classroom after a scary week or so.
FU69 liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.