• Coach Richey

#52286  by AstroDin
 Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:27 pm
Based on just chatter from my Gamecock friends… they believe Tanner has to go with Mackie.
The State is reporting ex-Gamecock players are all standing behind BJ.
 #52289  by apaladin
 Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:54 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Based on just chatter from my Gamecock friends… they believe Tanner has to go with Mackie.
Delete.
Last edited by apaladin on Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #52293  by Roundball
 Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:08 pm
AstroDin wrote:
When former players get behind one person, it usually works. The Gamecocks probably have their man.https://www.thestate.com/sports/college ... 82774.html
 #52294  by Sad Din
 Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:19 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:08 pm
AstroDin wrote:
When former players get behind one person, it usually works. The Gamecocks probably have their man.https://www.thestate.com/sports/college ... 82774.html
wow! what tremondous credentials.. his ex teammates and players like him. He did spend a few years as ETSU asst so thats pretty impressive

Anyway. SCs hotty toitty and foo foo (if its Mckie) is our gain hopefully
 #52297  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:45 pm
Why are all the other schools so much quicker with making a hire than USC lol
 #52299  by Affirm
 Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:55 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
1. Dawn Staley’s Gamecocks deserve to keep the spotlight on them.
2. Wake Forest is continuing to play in the NIT. If Tanner now wants to get BJ (we hope he does), Tanner wants to allow BJ to continue focusing on that. Maybe Tanner wants BJ to continue acquiring big game coaching experience such as he will get on Wednesday when they play Texas A&M.
Not always a UofSC apologist, but I see no laughing matter in the present situation.
If the guy Xavier got did not clearly want the UofSC job over the Xavier job, it would not have been wise for UofSC to hire him before they continued their process.
 #52305  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:01 pm
affirm wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
2. Wake Forest is continuing to play in the NIT. If Tanner now wants to get BJ (we hope he does), Tanner wants to allow BJ to continue focusing on that. Maybe Tanner wants BJ to continue acquiring big game coaching experience such as he will get on Wednesday when they play Texas A&M.
Not always a UofSC apologist, but I see no laughing matter in the present situation.
If the guy Xavier got did not clearly want the UofSC job over the Xavier job, it would not have been wise for UofSC to hire him before they continued their process.

I am laughing at the fact that of course in our case it just has to drag and drag and drag out
 #52308  by Roundball
 Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:20 pm
Interesting poll result for Coach Richey. 86% no.
 #52309  by Sad Din
 Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:26 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:20 pm
Interesting poll result for Coach Richey. 86% no.
haha. thats becuase 100% of the voters are Dins fans
Roundball, QCGlue liked this
 #52314  by Affirm
 Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:45 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:01 pm
affirm wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:

I am laughing at the fact that of course in our case it just has to drag and drag and drag out
OK. Gotcha. You ARE right about ours dragging, dragging, dragging.