• Wofftard aka Flop-fford vs. Furman (Larsen stop flopping son)

#50555  by Sad Din
 Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:13 pm
Paul C wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:07 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:12 pm

Its a W but i sure feels like a L.
That’s the most hyper retarded thing I’ve ever seen on this board and that’s saying a lot.
haha. Im guessing some folks reacting to that statement are not folks sensitive to others feelings... that's cool. NP :lol:
 #50556  by apaladin
 Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:17 pm
Paul C wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:11 pm
Waiting for us to bring 40 min of defensive intensity. We can do it. We have the depth to do it. Can’t have these extended lapses like we have lately.

Great W. Great atmosphere. Love playing downtown.
Yep, last 2 games have given up 43 points total in the first half and 90 total in the second half. We really need to stop fouling late in close games. Don’t give points with tbe clock stopped.
Affirm liked this
 #50557  by tim
 Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:22 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:02 pm
TV announcer was all over Dins admin about how bad Timmons was in SoCon and decision they need to make about what to do to be competitive! Good job
Was it Yannity? Surprising. I love the Well but Timmons isn't bad enough for TV announcers to run it down.
Fuonetime, Roundball liked this
 #50558  by tim
 Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:29 pm
Bashing SOCON refs is in style but those three were ridiculous. The 2 T's shouldn't have been called. The foul on the 3 pt shot..... I had the angle and it didn't look like Pegues touched him! Didn't look like Hein fouled the guy on his late call either. The first foul of the game? Totally invisible to me.
 #50560  by Sad Din
 Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:38 pm
tim wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:22 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:02 pm
TV announcer was all over Dins admin about how bad Timmons was in SoCon and decision they need to make about what to do to be competitive! Good job
Was it Yannity? Surprising. I love the Well but Timmons isn't bad enough for TV announcers to run it down.
nope. it was the analysis guy
tim liked this
 #50561  by furmandad
 Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:02 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:51 pm
Somebody that is more tech savvy than me needs to do a montage of all the Woffy flops in that game, post it on UTube for all to see, and then send it to SoCon Ref headquarters.

The refs just don't understand when to let the game play itself out. That touch foul on Hein after the Woffy rebound on Slaw's missed 3 pointer should not have been called. The Woffy player had the ball, just let them play on.

And the dead ball foul on Hein as he was trying to step over Larson and get to the bench is beyond idiotic. Any decent ref knows not to call something like that with less than a minute left. Gosh what stupidity.

This "going to the monitor" has gotten way out of hand.
Hein was walking to the bench and barely brushed Larson; Larson lurched (in diving language, may have been a half gainer) like he had been thrown from a moving vehicle .... Flop U
Roundball, underjack, QCGlue and 3 others liked this
 #50567  by Sad Din
 Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:59 pm
the ever optimistic woofy fan...

Missed 8 free throws; make a couple more and Terriers earn a hard-fought win. Very frustrating game…once the team puts together 2 solid halves of basketball, the Old Gold and Black will be a force!!
Like our chances if we play the Pals in Asheville.
 #50568  by furpop16
 Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:08 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:59 pm
the ever optimistic woofy fan...

Missed 8 free throws; make a couple more and Terriers earn a hard-fought win. Very frustrating game…once the team puts together 2 solid halves of basketball, the Old Gold and Black will be a force!!
Like our chances if we play the Pals in Asheville.

I know! Only 6 posts by 4 posters https://woffordfans.com/forums/topic/at ... noon-espn/ . No whining, no griping, no excusing.

What's the fun in that?
Sad Din liked this
 #50569  by Jasper
 Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:24 pm
With a combination of sloppy ball handling and horrible SoCon refereeing, we could have easily lost this game. We had two key players have very off nights and we still won. We won with defense and that is what will have to happen in Asheville. We are not going to shoot well each of the 3 games we need to win but we can play stifling defense ALL game long. Our D in the first half was tremendous and then lost intensity in the 2nd half. If we want to go dancing, we need to keep it at a high level.
 #50579  by The Jackal
 Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:16 pm
I'm not a sophisticated basketball guy.

Someone explain this one to me.

Hein fouls a guy or he gets a timeout called. Wofford player then flops on the court like he was shot by a sniper. Hein walks to the Furman bench and Wofford player gets in his face. Hein gets a tech.

What'd I miss?
Sad Din, underjack liked this