• Furman @ North Carolina (Dec. 14 ESPN2)

#47834  by soconjohn
 Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:14 pm
At times in the first half of that game, you saw the very best of Furman basketball...The result is disappointing but I realize that the game is probably way different if Furman knocks down some of those open looks...I also realize that's the best team on FU's schedule, and perhaps on a neutral floor, that game comes down to the wire...Who knows...I like FU's chances of playing well and winning on Fri night...Looking forward to the next challenge.
din23 liked this
 #47851  by Jasper
 Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:53 pm
Furman looked like a high school team against the Heels. They made some 3’sin the first half and stayed in the game. The only stat you need to know is that we had zero second chances and they had 19. A team with 4 guards cannot play against a major front line like UNC has. With the exception of Slawson our bigs are soft.
 #47859  by FurmAlum
 Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:20 pm
Jasper wrote:
Furman looked like a high school team against the Heels. They made some 3’sin the first half and stayed in the game. The only stat you need to know is that we had zero second chances and they had 19. A team with 4 guards cannot play against a major front line like UNC has. With the exception of Slawson our bigs are soft.
Ask Louisville if they played a high school team?
 #47866  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:05 am
FurmAlum wrote:
Jasper wrote:

Louisville game we played bigger, we played midget lineup too much vs. UNC, also Louisville not as big or good as UNC
 #47874  by Fuonetime
 Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:23 pm
Several thoughts
1. I like the passion and opinions expressed here. Of course, I don’t agree with everything but respect your opinions and keep them coming.
2. As much as we want to win, CBR wants to win more. He is putting the players in the game that gives him the best chance to win.
3. I would like to see more size in the game but they have to earn it, i.e. practice, extra practice, game minutes etc. Joe Anderson is a great example of being buried on the bench but earning playing time from CBR’s “Work while you Wait.”
4. The game has changed and our best course to win is our 3 point shooting. It would be nice to have a big to protect the rim and rebound especially when the opponent is taller and longer. Maybe the player rotation should be tweaked according to the opponent.
5. I talked briefly to AH before the game and he said he was ready to play. He sure was.
Anyhow, we have a great coaching staff and players and I am sure they can figure it out. Go Paladins! Beat the Bulldogs.
apaladin, din23 and 1 others liked this
 #48308  by Jasper
 Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:59 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
Jasper wrote:
Very clever retort. I am unable to answer that level of wit.

Recent Topics

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.