• (12-0) #24 Furman @ LSU Friday Dec. 21st

#8327  by MNORM
 Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:24 am
purplehorse wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:16 pm
I know we know how to play defense and trust we will do that against LSU. Confident we can limit turnovers.

Shoot 3’s well and we win.

Shoot 3’s poorly and we lose.
We will also need to defend the big guy, Reid. We pull a second half against WCU and he'll have 30+ points.
I hope to see us go right at him in the post early in the game to try and get him into foul trouble.
 #8330  by purplehorse
 Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:19 am
CharlieFU wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:05 pm
purplehorse wrote:
I know we know how to play defense and trust we will do that against LSU. Confident we can limit turnovers.

Actually, not so much. We were 6-22 on 3’s at Loyola and 8-24 at Nova. A cumulative 30%. Not very good. We won in spite of that because we played so well defensively. When we do that AND shoot well, we are hard to beat. (See UNC-W)
I guess part it depends on what I mean by “shoot 3’s well “. The point is if we shoot well we can win.

We often demonstrate beautiful passing around the horn and somebody ends up with a wide open 3. Make them-you are tough to beat. If nobody can hit a 3, game over.

I think our thoughts are more similar than different but I guess depends on the nuances.

Would love to see Mounce and Rafferty shoot a 3 by the 10 minute mark of every game.
 #8332  by CharlieFU
 Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:03 am
purplehorse wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:19 am
CharlieFU wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:05 pm
purplehorse wrote:

Agreed. It's tough for us to win shooting 3's poorly. Some people say we shoot too many 3's. I do not agree. If the shot is there, you gotta take it. and pretty much everyone has the green light (I do tend to wince when Clark throws up a 3--though his percentage is pretty good. When he misses, he misses badly) So far, Mounce has been our most reliable 3 point shooter, but I expect Andrew to come along--he did have highest % last year. And we do seem to play our best when Rafferty is at least touching the ball once every time the court---either score himself or get an assist. His stat line so far is amazing. If that continues, he is POY in SoCon.

GEAUX DINS

Actually, not so much. We were 6-22 on 3’s at Loyola and 8-24 at Nova. A cumulative 30%. Not very good. We won in spite of that because we played so well defensively. When we do that AND shoot well, we are hard to beat. (See UNC-W)
I guess part it depends on what I mean by “shoot 3’s well “. The point is if we shoot well we can win.

We often demonstrate beautiful passing around the horn and somebody ends up with a wide open 3. Make them-you are tough to beat. If nobody can hit a 3, game over.

I think our thoughts are more similar than different but I guess depends on the nuances.

Would love to see Mounce and Rafferty shoot a 3 by the 10 minute mark of every game.
 #8337  by Paul C
 Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:01 am
Based on the scouting report I heard at that Roundball Club event on Monday, I would expect a Furman win would include a lot of easy baskets based on our ball movement and cutters taking advantage of LSU’s undisciplined over-reliance on their athleticism to pressure us on defense.
MNORM, dornb liked this
 #8338  by MNORM
 Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:03 am
Paul C wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:01 am
Based on the scouting report I heard at that Roundball Club event on Monday, I would expect a Furman win would include a lot of easy baskets based on our ball movement and cutters taking advantage of LSU’s undisciplined over-reliance on their athleticism to pressure us on defense.
Based on what we saw against UNCW, the team has been working hard on taking advantage of defenses that tend to overplay. We're improving every game at exploiting these situations with excellent back-cuts.
dornb and 1 others liked this
 #8343  by purplehorse
 Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:35 pm
The following is again why we need to capitalize on our 3rd national recognition game! A win would do us wonders!!!

The Furman Paladins are out of the Southern Conference and come into play at 12-0. They defeated Villanova early in the year on the road, and Loyola-Chicago on the road. Other than that, they have played virtually no one with a pulse. Personally, I don't take much stock in either of their "big time" wins as both programs were coming off of massive tournament runs and their teams aren't what they were last year.
FUpaladin08, gman, underjack liked this
 #8345  by edwards555
 Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:04 pm
To get the game on directv go to www.watch espn . com. Once there you will find a list of games and click the Furman game. A registration form comes up that you fill out using your directv account number, your name, and your e-mail account. once you fill that out you can get the game being streamed by ATT&T. Dircectv does not provide technical support for either ESPN3 or SEC+. They are owned by Att&t and this bridge to att&t provides your access. I believe I can only get it on my computer and not on my tv-if you can let me know.
 #8360  by gman
 Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:32 pm
The latest post on their pathetic fan forum. “I’m here. I have to tell you this furman team doesn’t look that impressive from a personnel stand point.”