#50111  by tim
 Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:42 am
Roundball wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:44 am
Roundball wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:38 am
Monday wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:21 am
Quick tip for everyone: There is a Friends/Foes list in the Profile Account Settings. Any member put in your Foes list will automatically have their posts blocked from your view. This can make for a much more enjoyable reading experience.
Thank you. I am doing that to a couple of foes right now. Life is too short.
Done. Now I can go back and read the entire thread from real Furman fans.
Call it the uffp safe space, that gooey stuff in the corner is play dough, grab it and squeeze
 #50113  by FU3
 Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:28 am
The past 4 years the 3 seniors on this team have a (current) record of 83-32. No one on this board wants to win in Asheville as much as this team. To brand this group of college kids “ chokers” and “losers”is wrong on so many levels.This team has had a couple of sub-par games the past week, so what? The real “ curse” right now is that we have a few” fans” on this sight who wallow in the memory of what was a really bad program for decades.The 3 seniors are representative of what CBR has been able to accomplish. None was highly recruited ( Slawson couldn’t get an offer from Citadel as a legacy) but they have worked them selves into being really good D1 players. This model has resulted in the unprecedented success of this program and CBR and his players deserve appreciation.
GOAT, Paul C, hypercycloid and 4 others liked this
 #50117  by BucDoctor
 Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:11 am
soconjohn wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:56 am
Buc Doctor...I appreciate you and your fans...They show up and they don't quit on their team...I. am always treated well in Johnson City...Perhaps that's why I love that trip...Losses are tough, but ETSU has good players...Furman knew that...Despite the officiating, ETSU deserved to win...They shot well and defended well...They out-played Furman...That's bottom line...Now, the officiating...That has to be reviewed by the league and I am not even saying we were the only ones on the end some bad ones...But that's a national TV game for all to see...The teams did their part but putting on a great product...The refs absolutely fell well below a national level game....Congrats to ETSU...The team reminds me of Furman in 2014-15 when the Paladins started to figure things out.
Thanks for the kind words. I have attended both football and basketball games at Furman and feel the same way. The Furman fans are gracious and welcoming. I know that it is a long haul, but I have attended football games at VMI and Lexington is a nice place also. I have attended at other places in the conference and Furman and VMI are my favorites.
QCGlue liked this
 #50118  by Paul C
 Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:28 am
FU3 wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:28 am
The past 4 years the 3 seniors on this team have a (current) record of 83-32. No one on this board wants to win in Asheville as much as this team. To brand this group of college kids “ chokers” and “losers”is wrong on so many levels.This team has had a couple of sub-par games the past week, so what? The real “ curse” right now is that we have a few” fans” on this sight who wallow in the memory of what was a really bad program for decades.The 3 seniors are representative of what CBR has been able to accomplish. None was highly recruited ( Slawson couldn’t get an offer from Citadel as a legacy) but they have worked them selves into being really good D1 players. This model has resulted in the unprecedented success of this program and CBR and his players deserve appreciation.
well said. and currently blocking some crybabies so i can enjoy this board again.
underjack liked this
 #50141  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:58 pm
Block block block away oh self righteous ones

Apparently the age old adage holds water for some

#50147  by Affirm
 Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:16 pm
Monday wrote:
Quick tip for everyone: There is a Friends/Foes list in the Profile Account Settings. Any member put in your Foes list will automatically have their posts blocked from your view. This can make for a much more enjoyable reading experience.
Oh no!
Does one's profile show how many members have blocked you as foe, or better still, which members have done the blocking?
underjack liked this
 #50150  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:35 pm
affirm wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:16 pm
Monday wrote:
Oh no!
Does one's profile show how many members have blocked you as foe, or better still, which members have done the blocking?

Don't think so

I am proud to say I've never blocked anyone and never even given a dislike

Others on this board prefer to call out and attack other members of the board to ease their own frustration rather call out what is actually going on with an actual teams play ect., that is so idiotic to me :lol:

Put it this way, if me and apaladin were to leave this board, the hoops message board would grow pretty quiet, that's an understatement actually, it would be borderline dead most weeks.
For this boards history me and apaladin have posted more than anyone else by far, my posts mainly about hoops because its my favorite sport, the next 3 most frequent posters on this site can be seen almost exclusively in the football board.
affirm would fall in as 6th most frequent, interesting stuff really
memberlist.php?mode=&sk=d&sd=d#memberlist
apaladin, Affirm liked this
 #50165  by furpop16
 Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:23 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:35 pm
For this boards history me and apaladin have posted more than anyone else by far, my posts mainly about hoops because its my favorite sport, the next 3 most frequent posters on this site can be seen almost exclusively in the football board.
affirm would fall in as 6th most frequent, interesting stuff really
memberlist.php?mode=&sk=d&sd=d#memberlist

My takeaway from this is that I need to up my game.
apaladin liked this
 #50172  by Furmanoid
 Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:47 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:58 pm
Block block block away oh self righteous ones

Apparently the age old adage holds water for some

I feel your pain. I was branded a crybaby, disloyal hater for using the term “OK” to describe a coach.