• UTC Feb. 12th

#50281  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:57 pm
Small ball tiny lineup and can't rebound, can't shoot 3's anymore even at TIMMONS arena, gross
 #50282  by FU3
Sad Din wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:56 pm
its very simple... Dins aint gonna win shooting 17% from 3 at home... or any place else for that matter
Correct.
 #50283  by DungeonRealm
Sick of this junk
 #50286  by Furmanoid
 Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:00 pm
Well we don’t suck. But we really aren’t all that great either. I hope we haven’t peaked. Next year may be rough.
 #50287  by HB88
 Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:01 pm
Given that they did not even have all their starters, chances for tourney run seem remote.
 #50288  by FU3
 Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:06 pm
We hit our season average of 3s (or close to it)we win, we don’t we lose.The strange thing is the 3s we have been missing are good looks.Garrison and Hunter have gone really cold the past few games.
 #50291  by jesse174
 Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:38 pm
Garrison and Hunter are no longer reliable...that is why we lost...have no idea what has happened to them but it has happened..no way around it as we have not enough inside game to make up for poor 3 point shooting...but could just put bigger guys in and keep trying to go inside and see what happens...maybe Foster Hein Slawson Bothwell and one point guard..got to do something...
 #50292  by Sad Din
 Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:43 pm
jesse174 wrote:
Garrison and Hunter are no longer reliable...that is why we lost...have no idea what has happened to them but it has happened..no way around it as we have not enough inside game to make up for poor 3 point shooting...but could just put bigger guys in and keep trying to go inside and see what happens...maybe Foster Hein Slawson Bothwell and one point guard..got to do something...
Maybe it was an emotional day knowing that this was the last regular season game ever at Timmons. Maybe its that they are getting too much rest. Hunter used to play almost the entire game. Perhaps thats his MO
 #50293  by FU3
 Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:45 pm
They won us a lot of games. Streaks come and go, hopefully they get one going and shoot like they did earlier in the year.
furpop16 liked this
 #50295  by tim
 Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:48 pm
I agree with what Richey said on the post game show. The effort wasn't there and Chatt drove the ball down their throat, one guy especially. Richey said that was on him. I agree with that too.
 #50296  by tim
 Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:09 pm
jesse174 wrote:
I know Anderson had 3 fouls early but I have no idea why he isn't playing more. We have some unforced errors coming from upperclassmen that are hurting.
 #50298  by apaladin
 Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:18 pm
Really thought we would win this game. Memo to self: never, ever get too excited about FU football or FU basketball. Kudos to Slawson and Bothwell for showing up today. They had very lttle help.
purplehorse liked this
 #50303  by MidlandsPaladin
 Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:43 pm
citadel helps us out by beating VMI in Lexington. BTW it sucks pulling for citadel so we can hopefully hang on to second place.
tim liked this
 #50306  by purplehorse
 Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:03 pm
Slawson shows up every night in some form or fashion. Kudos.

UTC did not look very good until the last 8 minutes or so when they played their best.

Too many stupid TO’s, missed free throws, terrible rebounding, not getting 50-50 balls, terrible shooting from 3.

It is critical that Alex bounce back this year.

There is not a dominant team in the conference. I really think the tourney is wide open. Who is going to get hot at the right time?

I think Anderson should shoot a few more when he drives and gets close to the basket.

The better team won today.

Word for the season has not changed-we are terribly INCONSISTENT and really have no go-to guy day after day.

UTC has several go-to guys. I think the two teams with the highest ceiling on a given day are UTC and Furman.
 #50307  by purplehorse
 Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:15 pm
You tell me that our bench scores 4 points and that Hunter and Garrison score a combined 8 points and I will tell you that we will lose most of the games on our schedule.

Despite not hitting 3’s today I like the way Garrison plays. He knows when to drive the ball to the hoop and seems to have a really good basketball IQ. He is hot many more nights than being cold.

Some nights I feel like we would have a better chance of winning if Slawson just came down and shot 3’s most possessions.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar TV

by Afurmanfan

Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:36 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:28 pm

Default Avatar Other teams on schedule - upcoming scouting

by gofurman

Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:05 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:22 pm

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.