• Citadel @ Furman Feb. 2nd

#49804  by purplehorse
 Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:43 am
If our defense plays the way we did the last 10 minutes and Hayden Brown suits up in Asheville, Citadel could beat us. We hit 16 3’s tonight and they hit 14.

Great first half. We were clicking on all cylinders. Maybe the subs playing will help us in the long run.
 #49805  by purplehorse
 Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:45 am
apaladin wrote:
Quote from the Mocs message board after their loss tonight: “Furman is by far the best team in the league now. They are mowing over the competition” Another “Has anyone noticed that since their loss at Chatt FU has been kicking a$$?
I watched the last ten minutes of Sammy-UTC. Neither team looked good to me. Of course on a given night….
 #49806  by apaladin
 Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:07 am
purplehorse wrote:
If our defense plays the way we did the last 10 minutes and Hayden Brown suits up in Asheville, Citadel could beat us. We hit 16 3’s tonight and they hit 14.

Great first half. We were clicking on all cylinders. Maybe the subs playing will help us in the long run.
We won’t play defense like the last 10 minutes tonight because those guys won’t be playing.
 #49810  by Sad Din
 Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:01 am
Cid Fan Comments: :)

Did you watch this game?!?!?!? Vermin did whatever they wanted on both the offensive and defensive ends of the floor, and was laughing and smiling the whole time; All you have to watch is the first 2 minutes, and it just kept getting worse from there, until they were ahead by 40+ points and took their foot off the gas and there was still 10 minutes left in the game. We had no answer for them on offense or defense; This game was a joke for them; It was like they were on the playground playing against grade school kids, that's what it looked like
Fuonetime, FUBeAR, apaladin and 2 others liked this
 #49811  by Roundball
 Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:55 am
“I told (Furman coach) Bob Richey that we haven’t run into a buzzsaw like that in a while,” Baucom said. “In my 19 years as a head coach, I don’t think I’ve run into a buzzsaw quite like that, even counting guarantee games ... That’s a credit to him and his staff, they were ready to play ... They blitzed us, and we didn’t have a whole lot of fight-back there for a long time.”
https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/c ... 419c6.html
Fuonetime, underjack and 1 others liked this
 #49814  by furpop16
 Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:12 am
apaladin wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:07 am
purplehorse wrote:

We won’t play defense like the last 10 minutes tonight because those guys won’t be playing.

CBR said he got some great film on our subs that'll pay dividends for our underclassmen. I hope our starters do administer another thumpin' and our 3rd stringers get another shot. Bet we never see a margin shrink like that again.
FUpaladin08, Affirm and 1 others liked this
 #49826  by FUBeAR
 Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:08 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:01 am
Cid Fan Comments: :)

This game was a joke for them; It was like they were on the playground playing against grade school kids [playing soldier], that's what it looked like
This is how all Furman Athletics competitions against the bellhops should look all the time in all sports.
QCGlue, MidlandsPaladin and 1 others liked this
 #49834  by FurmanATT
 Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:54 pm
The Paladins are playing so well it's scary..
Or it seems that way till I go to the post-game press conference and feel the confidence and zeal in every word.
I'm having a ball.
Of course I'm not forgetting my maxim: the other team tries, too.
They'll raise their games for Furman right now. Furman is certainly raising its.
-- MD
apaladin, dornb liked this
 #49837  by Flagman
 Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:10 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:00 pm
Anyone besides me miss T-dog as emcee? What hapeened to him?
His moniker was E-Dog. He’s moved on to other ventures. But, he’s surely missed. The girl handling that job now doesn’t have a voice suited to our poor sound system.
FU69 liked this
 #49839  by furpop16
 Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:25 pm
Flagman wrote:
apaladin wrote:
His moniker was E-Dog. He’s moved on to other ventures. But, he’s surely missed. The girl handling that job now doesn’t have a voice suited to our poor sound system.

I miss hearing the "pling" sound every time we made a shot. What happened to that?
underjack, FU69 liked this
 #49847  by apaladin
 Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:05 pm
Flagman wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Agree, borders on annoying.
 #49880  by Jasper
 Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:00 pm
I wouldn't worry about how the D played in garbage time. They had a 40 point lead at that point - give or take. In the first 10 minutes of the game, Citadel had a hard time getting a shot off or a pass completed. The game was really over at that point. We are a bit overdue for a poor shooting night, consider all the 3's we take. This team has the capacity to win even on a bad shooting night with this defense at this level of play. Our problems occur against the power teams with 2 or 3 " battleships" in the lineup. I was at the North Carolina game and the Heels are not very good this year. They killed us on the offensive boards. There is no defense I know of against + 20 putbacks. There is no one in the SoCon like that.

Recent Topics

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.