• Furman @ UTC Jan. 15 (CBS Sports)

#49127  by FU3
 Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:31 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:09 pm
FU3 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:08 pm
The only curse Furman has right now is some of the “fans” on this board. Young player misses a layup late and we are in OT playing away at the preseason. favorites.CBR is getting the most out of his talent and that is about all you can ask. Disappointing but this is a good team that doesn’t quit and is fun to watch. Win the next one, this is a tough league and no one is going to run away with the title.
42 years

That's a curse until it ain't :o
So why watch? You and apaladin really feel like you are educating the rest of us to expect failure because of your steely eyed realism. You criticize any positivity because it certainly isn’t enough watching a good team compete at a high level. When we win we are pure lucky and when we lose we suck right? We are fortunate to have a well run program that is overcoming decades of neglect… the true“curse” was not putting thought and money into sports in general and basketball in particular. I sat in that arena when they gave away free food and it still looked and sounded like a Friday night bingo crowd.This program is on the right track and most of us know it.
Roundball, din23, FurmAlum and 1 others liked this
 #49129  by Sad Din
 Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:34 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:09 pm
FU3 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:08 pm
The only curse Furman has right now is some of the “fans” on this board. Young player misses a layup late and we are in OT playing away at the preseason. favorites.CBR is getting the most out of his talent and that is about all you can ask. Disappointing but this is a good team that doesn’t quit and is fun to watch. Win the next one, this is a tough league and no one is going to run away with the title.
42 years

That's a curse until it ain't :o
The only curse was 30 years of bad coaching decisions and lack of admin support. Think that u have to agree that last 10 years have been better. Still not there but oh so close. This years Team has the talent to make it happeb
 #49130  by purplehorse
 Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:38 pm
A tough loss. Very winnable. A game of inches.

Sure we got out-rebounded 37-25 and that is largely why we lost BUT…the bad run at the beginning of the second half really hurt. They increased their defensive intensity and we looked like a deer in headlights. We just had no answer on offense for their increased defensive intensity.

I still think Garrison shooting only 4 shots (3-4) is a crime and hurts us.

Surprised Slawson was only 1-5 for 3’s as he is better than that. Overall Slawson had a very nice game. He deserved better.
 #49134  by Affirm
 Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:27 pm
This whole thread became crazy. Someone reading just this thread could have understandably thought we had lost the game by 32 instead of by 2. I still fear we are going to lose CBR. He can win the SoCon, and when that happens, he’s gone.
Roundball liked this
 #49135  by Furmanoid
 Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:39 pm
The silver lining is that CBR’s stock is dropping in a year when the CU and USC jobs may come open. If things were going better I’d be more worried about losing him.
 #49136  by furpop16
 Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:04 pm
affirm wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:27 pm
This whole thread became crazy. Someone reading just this thread could have understandably thought we had lost the game by 32 instead of by 2. I still fear we are going to lose CBR. He can win the SoCon, and when that happens, he’s gone.

Really? REALLY? His "FURther the MAN" program is just schtick until the money appears? The focus on developing quality individuals is just so much talk until his ship comes in? The unbroken streak of graduations is a trifle compared to the opportunities that await in endorsements and accolades?

I can't imagine CBR being happy in a program of street-wise phenoms and "one-and-done"s. I CAN imagine him building Furman basketball into a Southern Gonzaga. There's gotta be more than one Mark Few in this world.
FurmAlum liked this
 #49137  by Roundball
 Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:34 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
The silver lining is that CBR’s stock is dropping in a year when the CU and USC jobs may come open. If things were going better I’d be more worried about losing him.
My goodness. Nonsense.
underjack liked this
 #49138  by Furmanoid
 Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:47 pm
Roundball wrote:
Furmanoid wrote:
My goodness. Nonsense.
Huh? Martin and Brownell are both on hot seats. I think that’s widely known. CBR has been considered an up and comer and he’s right in their back yard. Why wouldn’t they consider stealing him?
 #49142  by apaladin
 Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:38 pm
I like everyone else am a huge CBR. IMHO he is by far the best coach in the SoCon, the state and beyond. He has done FU proud by compiling a very competitive team by doing it the way college sports used to be. Recruiting high school kids and developing them. Very rare these days. Wednesday night ETSU started 5 transfers. Today UTC had 8 transfers. Those 2 teams are not alone in the SoCon. Kudos to CBR. The day he leaves FU will indeed be sad. I hope and prey he does not go to either of the state’s big schools.
underjack, furpop16, dornb and 3 others liked this
 #49146  by FurmAlum
 Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:32 pm
Couldn't watch this game but did listen on the radio. Seemed like Garrison hardly touched the ball the last 10 minutes of the game.

Was somebody all over him?
 #49147  by apaladin
 Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:33 pm
Again it was a take of 2 halves. Shot 50% and 58% from 3 in the first half. That dropped to 38% and 18% from 3 in the second half. Every starter played at least 32 minutes. Only 34 minutes from the bench with only Hughey contributing.
 #49153  by apaladin
 Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:36 am
purplehorse wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:20 am
FurmAlum wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:32 pm
Couldn't watch this game but did listen on the radio. Seemed like Garrison hardly touched the ball the last 10 minutes of the game.

Was somebody all over him?
NO
Correct. I was really hoping after Wednesday night he would become more offensive minded and realize the team could use his scoring in the worst way. Unfortunatelly today he went back to passing up shots to pass. They do not give any points for passing,
 #49154  by Roundball
 Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:55 am
Furmanoid wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:47 pm
Roundball wrote:
Furmanoid wrote:
My goodness. Nonsense.
Huh? Martin and Brownell are both on hot seats. I think that’s widely known. CBR has been considered an up and comer and he’s right in their back yard. Why wouldn’t they consider stealing him?
You said Coach Richey’s stock has dropped. That is the nonsense.

Recent Topics

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.