• NIT

#26520  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:00 pm
Clemson beats Miami in ACC tourney today to move to 16-15
 #26521  by apaladin
Not one health official has recommended shutting everything down, only politicians. If they do and they will it will do zero in regards to stopping the virus.
Last edited by apaladin on Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #26522  by apaladin
 Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:01 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Clemson beats Miami in ACC tourney today to move to 16-15
Miami sucks!!
 #26524  by soconjohn
 Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:48 pm
I think it’s wise to sift what is said through media...WHO has not recommended they shut tournaments down or anything for that matter...They are asking the public to use precaution washing hands often and thoroughly and when you are in large crowds, masks are recommended...But they haven’t said “shut down NBA games” or “shut down NCAA Tournament”...Officials are making these decisions on their own...Our own commish spoke with the CDC and the SoCon Tournament went off without a hitch and it was well run...There were ushers and security officials there at the Harrah’s Cherokee Center offering hand sanitizer to folks....Proceeding with these types of measures is the right move...Not canceling before and assuming the worst...my opinion...and I agree with playing with no fans before taking the extreme measure of canceling the entire event as some conferences and postseason tournaments already have.
Affirm liked this
 #26526  by FU3
 Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:14 pm
To those of you who believe that this pandemic is some sort of media plot I suggest you listen to the Dr. Anthony Fauci and his testimony before Congress today, it was sobering. I do not know if tournaments should be cancelled entirely or played without fans .There is however real historical precedent on utilizing social distancing to slow highly communicable disease. Interesting article on the tale of two cities during the WW I flu.

https://qz.com/1816060/a-chart-of-the-1 ... ing-works/
Affirm, Roundball, fufanatic and 2 others liked this
 #26528  by Roundball
 Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:37 pm
apaladin wrote:
Not one health official has recommended shutting everything down, only politicians. If they do and they will it will do zero in regards to stopping the virus.
Nothing is going to stop the virus, even if we are shut up in our homes for weeks, but there are ways to keep it from spreading by limiting large gatherings. That my friends is just common sense. Am I scared? Not at all, but I do think about going to large gatherings like church. I'm at the age of being in the higher risk catergory. I'm going to use the brain God gave me to not be stupid. It's okay if we overreact. Hopefully, sooner than later, this will play itself out, the market will go back up and we will be back to normal. God bless you all with good health, a NIT bid and a victory at home against Clemson in front of a full house of folks dressed in purple.
fufanatic and 1 others liked this
 #26529  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:41 pm
Roundball wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:37 pm
apaladin wrote:
Nothing is going to stop the virus, even if we are shut up in our homes for weeks, but there are ways to keep it from spreading by limiting large gatherings. That my friends is just common sense. Am I scared? Not at all, but I do think about going to large gatherings like church. I'm at the age of being in the higher risk catergory. I'm going to use the brain God gave me to not be stupid. It's okay if we overreact. Hopefully, sooner than later, this will play itself out, the market will go back up and we will be back to normal. God bless you all with good health, a NIT bid and a victory at home against Clemson in front of a full house of folks dressed in purple.
MidlandsPaladin liked this
 #26532  by cavedweller2
 Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:07 pm
Virus came from a comet that exploded over Northeast China in early December. There is nothing we can do to stop it. We are all doomed.
 #26538  by soconjohn
 Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:01 pm
Shutting everything down everything is not the answer...It won't stop it from spreading,...You can't clear apartment complexes supermarkets etc,,,.Shutting down recreation is not the answer either...We will be no better off against Coronavirus without fans at the tournaments...That's what doesn't make any sense.
 #26540  by soconjohn
 Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:05 pm
Pretty soon you won't be able to buy groceries at this rate....Age limits (10-50) and medically healthy should be the requirements...That makes absolute sense.
 #26541  by CharlieFU
 Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:09 pm
There is no expectation that these measures will stop the spread, but it may slow it down enough for our healthcare system to better prepare. That’s the goal as I understand it. I don’t know enough to evaluate whether such moves will slow it but am willing to give the scientists the benefit of the doubt.
 #26543  by CharlieFU
 Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:12 pm
apaladin wrote:
I’m not smart enough to challenge this. But the goal is to SLOW it down long enough for the healthcare system to catch up. That seems reasonable.
AstroDin, MNORM liked this
 #26546  by soconjohn
 Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:40 pm
you're correct CharlieFU...I am not smart enough to know it either, I was going off of scientific data of what they know about the virus for ages 10-50 and without an underlying health condition.
 #26547  by Roundball
 Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:06 pm
soconjohn wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:40 pm
you're correct CharlieFU...I am not smart enough to know it either, I was going off of scientific data of what they know about the virus for ages 10-50 and without an underlying health condition.
If you were 62, you would think differently.
furpop16 liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by The Jackal

Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:15 pm

User avatar What just happened?

by FU Hoopla

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:49 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:39 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:38 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:38 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.