• Wofford vs. Furman (March 7th SoCon Quarterfinals 6pm)

#26274  by fufanatic
 Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:25 pm
fufanatic wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:16 pm
Why anyone on this board wanted to play Wofford is beyond me. I’ve had a bad feeling about this game for 2 weeks. No clue how we are going to turn it around. An utter disaster so far.
Well that didn’t take long ... let’s go! Huge shots.
 #26275  by furpop16
 Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:25 pm
fufanatic wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:16 pm
Why anyone on this board wanted to play Wofford is beyond me. I’ve had a bad feeling about this game for 2 weeks. No clue how we are going to turn it around. An utter disaster so far.

I credit the refs. They gave the guys something to focus on besides Wofford. We're up by 1.
fufanatic liked this
 #26282  by Kennypowers
 Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:58 pm
Just wait til next year.....pretty typical refrain. Enjoyed watching the team this year, but we're not that great.....Wofford owns us for some reason. Congrats on a good regular season guys. Hope you make the postseason and sign some good recruits.
 #26283  by fufanatic
 Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:04 pm
Don’t even know what to say. Not surprising. It’s who we are in the SoCon tourney 40+ years and counting. Wofford owns us when it matters in the two big sports. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them win the whole thing. I hope we make the NIT, but it will be close. We will be better next year assuming everyone comes back. Bothwell will be the guy. He’s a special talent. Going to miss Lyons though. He deserved an NCAA berth, but wasn’t meant to be.
 #26285  by BucDoctor
Didn't get to see your game but officiating was questionable (did I say questionable, well maybe horrid is more descriptive) all day.

Saw Mercer shoot an uncontested airball that went out of bounds untouched. Referee called out of bounds on WCU, possession Mercer.

From an ETSU perspective the officiating took a nose dive last week. 42 fouls called in the ETSU/WCU game and no one was fouling intentionally to try to gain possession.

Strange to see worse officiating in a tournament, but that is the reality this year.
QCGlue liked this
 #26287  by Paladin91
 Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:20 pm
BucDoctor wrote:
Didn't get to see your game but officiating was questionable (did I say questionable, well maybe horrid is more descriptive) all day.

Saw Mercer shoot an uncontested airball that went out of bounds untouched. Referee called out of bounds on WCU, possession Mercer.

From an ETSU perspective the officiating took a nose dive last week. 42 fouls called in the ETSU/WCU game and no one was fouling intentionally to try to gain possession.

Strange to see worse officiating in a tournament, but that is the reality this year.
Yes, refs were bad, but that's part of the game. If you can't adjust to the tight calls, then you've already lost. We didn't lose because of the refs, we lost because we were a timid team in the first half. We had no desire to win the game and shoot with confidence. The only person who came to play for the Paladins today was Bothwell on offense.
 #26289  by purplehorse
 Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:22 pm
Wofford still knows how to win in tournament based on winning the tourney last year and winning a lot over the last several years. WE DON’T-and we played like it. It would not surprise me if Wofford won it all.

We had the nice run in the second half to go up by 3 (43-40) and that was pretty much it. Unlike Wofford folding so many times in the second half recently, that did not happen tonight. They were the better team.

Stumpe killed us with his 3’s. I was worried about their 3 point shooting.

Getting out rebounded 40-24 killed us with foul trouble hurting us. 6 combined rebounds for our big 3.

Furman MVP tonight- Bothwell 18 points and 7 rebounds.

We should be better next year but we need to learn how to win in the tourney.

I felt great the morning of the UNCG game but did not feel good going into this. Wofford seems to have our #. We still need to work on consistency.

Need to win Sept 5 football game with Wofford.

Recent Topics

User avatar What just happened?

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:39 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:39 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:38 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:38 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by RoanokeGreensboro80

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:36 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.