• #1 Furman vs. Mercer (March 4th 12pm SoCon Quarterfinals)

#67589  by FU Hoopla
 Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:24 pm
From 'The Dean's List':

Best coach – Bob Richey (Furman)
"I say this every year, but in a league with good coaches, it’s hard to select just one. Bob Richey guided the Paladins as the hunted from start to finish and that’s not easy to do"

QCGlue, hypercycloid liked this
 #67597  by apaladin
 Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:54 pm
Don’t like this matchup. The law of averages in MU’s favor since FU owns a 17 gane win streak against them, plus MU had a practice game tonight, Really didn’t have to break a sweat so fatigue will not be a factor. They will be loose with nothing to lose.
 #67607  by FU Hoopla
 Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:07 pm
apaladin wrote:
Don’t like this matchup. The law of averages in MU’s favor since FU owns a 17 gane win streak against them, plus MU had a practice game tonight, Really didn’t have to break a sweat so fatigue will not be a factor. They will be loose with nothing to lose.
Would rather play the school we have beaten 17 straight than the school that beat us last time we played each other, we will roll Mercer....................
apaladin liked this
 #67613  by Paul C
 Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:24 pm
apaladin wrote:
Michael Jordan has beaten me 28 straight times we’ve played 1 on 1 By the law of averages I should win next time we play.
apaladin, FUBeAR liked this
 #67616  by gofurman
 Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:57 am
Paul C wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:24 pm
apaladin wrote:
Michael Jordan has beaten me 28 straight times we’ve played 1 on 1 By the law of averages I should win next time we play.
Eh. Paul is right - do you want to fly the airline that has NEVER had a crash (Quantas, well not since 1950 or so due to WW2…. Or the one with two crashes in the past month because they are now due a safe flight ? I’ll take Quantas. And I have.

That said, I agree I wish Citadel could a pushed on Mercer a little. Mental and physical fatigue for noon game. That’s supposed to be an advantage of one seed. Wish it woulda been a 3 OT game. Oh well, let’s just win !

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:46 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.