• Campaign Launch Timmons Arena Renovation (83% Funded)

#70788  by FU Hoopla
 Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:27 am
Now that we have these awesome renderings I would love for JD to tell us today just how much more needs to be raised to hit the $40 million needed to begin construction.
Also it would be nice to hear a projected capacity figure from him as well.
dornb liked this
 #70793  by FU Hoopla
 Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:33 am
Does anyone remember how much additional was going to be needed for us to do the practice courts? Was it $10 million?
 #70795  by Sad Din
 Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:15 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:27 am
Now that we have these awesome renderings I would love for JD to tell us today just how much more needs to be raised to hit the $40 million needed to begin construction.
Also it would be nice to hear a projected capacity figure from him as well.
yes. and maybe if somebody wants to be very nice and ask some questions for those that cant be there:

1. Are the seats permanent or retractable
2. are there spaces going in the old stage area and to the side Timmons? The design drawings seem to show that
2. are there any other new features that cant be seen by renderings?

Thanks so very much
 #70796  by Roundball
 Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:13 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Does anyone remember how much additional was going to be needed for us to do the practice courts? Was it $10 million?
I’ve heard $10 million. I still say that will be built first. We have to have a facility on campus for practice. Construction could start immediately, and be ready for the end of upcoming season when the Timmons renovations would began.
Sad Din liked this
 #70797  by Sad Din
 Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:19 am
Roundball wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:13 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
I’ve heard $10 million. I still say that will be built first. We have to have a facility on campus for practice. Construction could start immediately, and be ready for the end of upcoming season when the Timmons renovations would began.
IMHO tha practice facility would be a game changer. maybe more than the reno arena. But they gotta go with donors wishes and rightfully so
 #70809  by apaladin
 Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:50 pm
Really don’t see the need for a separate practice facility. They already have the best in the way of locker rooms, video, meeting rooms. Timmons will be a basketball only facility so it will be available except when the girls are using it, Wouldn’t practicing in the facility you play in be better than practicing elsewhere and than playing only games in Timmons?