• SF Austin vs. Furman (Dec. 17th 4:30pm)(Bon Secours Wellness Arena)

#62857  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:25 am
jesse174 wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:22 am
Would like to see Anderson in there..a good shooter and excellent ball handler. Also would like to see Whitt make fewer turnovers as he is good with the ball and quick
Anderson was in street clothes at NC State so assuming he is injured

Agree about Whitt, its easy to se his potential, just wish he would focus on making the simple play instead of trying to force to many things and the turnovers would come down
 #62874  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:15 pm
Something to consider with our style of play, should we maybe turn the speed down a bit on how fast we are trying to play?

Alot of the turnovers against NC State were careless because we were trying to play a little too fast, we might be better suited to slow down our pace a little bit.
 #62875  by apaladin
 Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:35 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Something to consider with our style of play, should we maybe turn the speed down a bit on how fast we are trying to play?

Alot of the turnovers against NC State were careless because we were trying to play a little too fast, we might be better suited to slow down our pace a little bit.
Absolutely not.
 #62876  by Furmanoid
 Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:01 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:

I’d say no. Our half court offense isn’t looking very good. It seems to be built around 3 point shooting and that hasn’t been very clutch. When we beat people we do a lot of damage running. Unfortunately when we try to do it against real fast people with long arms, we throw the ball away. But that’s ok because we will soon enter the talent-free world of the SoCon. We’ll likely be able to run.

It looked bad last night but I think it may have been because we were just in over our head. Actually it looked like some guys just weren’t all that interested in playing, but hopefully that was my imagination.
 #62877  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:45 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:01 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:

I’d say no. Our half court offense isn’t looking very good. It seems to be built around 3 point shooting and that hasn’t been very clutch. When we beat people we do a lot of damage running. Unfortunately when we try to do it against real fast people with long arms, we throw the ball away. But that’s ok because we will soon enter the talent-free world of the SoCon. We’ll likely be able to run.

It looked bad last night but I think it may have been because we were just in over our head. Actually it looked like some guys just weren’t all that interested in playing, but hopefully that was my imagination.
I am not saying play slow half court basketball, I am saying don't be in such an absurd rush to inbounds the ball that we are giving away free possessions to the other team, last night we truly were trying to go too fast for no helpful reason at times.
 #62893  by apaladin
 Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:26 pm
SFA won at La. Tech 80-79 in OT. They shot 53% for the game and 44% from three. The outscored LT 42-12 from 3 and outrebounded LT. How was this game even close. SFA had 28 tiurnovers. I think we are in trouba. They will come to Greenville sky high!
Last edited by apaladin on Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #62895  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:28 pm
apaladin wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:26 pm
SFA won at La. Tech 80-79 in OT. They shot 53% for the game and 44% from three. The outscored LT 42-12 from 3 and outrebounded LT. How was this game even close. SFA had 28 tiurnovers. I think we are in trouba.
We will win, and it will be the beginning of our win streak apaladin ;)
apaladin liked this
 #62897  by FurmanFan23
 Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:40 pm
apaladin wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:35 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:

Absolutely not.
Agreed. Most of the points we get are in transition

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.