• Furman @ Miss. St. Dec. 17th

#47920  by din23
 Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:48 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:40 pm
Fork457 wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:17 pm
I think the biggest divide between what a lot of people on this website(dungeon realm) and how college basketball actually works is that teams have strengths and weaknesses. This is especially True at Furman’s level where you have to have a system to overcome your talent to compete at a high level. Our system is spreading the floor with skilled players that can shoot, we know we’re not going to be big. Would it be great to have guys that fit that system that are also 6’10 and above? Of course but those kinds of players don’t go to schools like furman. You can’t just take all the things we Excel at and say “well now let’s just add big men.” That would simply negate everything we’re good at in the first place lol. Another thing I don’t understand is why is our style so bad for the Socon tournament? Obviously we’ve struggled in March the last couple years but why does playing small and shooting 3s work in the regular season and then magically become a bad strategy because it’s the conference tournament. One more thing please can we stop complaining about the refs guys. Yes there’s missed calls here and there every once in awhile but to look at just the number of fouls on both teams is simply idiotic and shows you are quite far from an “expert of furman basketball”. They pounded the ball inside and sent 3-4 guys to the offense the entire game and we played on the permitter and Hardly touched the paint on offense, of course we’re going to have way more fouls than them that’s just common sense. In the future please don’t embarrass yourself by self proclaiming yourself an expert on furman basketball when you clearly no little to nothing about college basketball

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good job, I know you're the same person with multiple accounts :roll:

Anyone who thinks FU against the big boys is not unbiased officiating is either a fan of the big boys or just plain blind and dumb, 90% of those games are unfairly officiated for the Power schools, just facts
Seen it a thousand times for the past 35 years of college hoops, sure that has always been the case and always will be unfortunately, just one of the huge downsides to college athletics
I know it’s easy to think that it’s one man against you, but you’re actually the outlier here. I’m definitely not the same person as Fork.
 #47922  by Fuonetime
 Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:00 pm
Coach said in pregame that we need to improve rebounding especially from guards: AH, MB and Conley who does a good job rebounding. They are big and we need to work hard to get those loose balls.
 #47931  by purplehorse
 Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:54 pm
Pretty horrific for 1st 15 minutes and their 18-0 run. For about 10 minutes we had a 2 and a 3 by Alex and a 3 by Slawson. I still think it is winnable if we shoot well and don’t let them pound, pound, pound it inside.

I wish Slawson would shoot more of his wide open 3’s. Many times that is our best chance to score.

I am beginning to think our potential basement is much lower than our potential ceiling highs. We are just inconsistent as heck. So INCONSISTENT.

5 points from 4 of our starters combined. Oh my goodness!
 #47932  by Flagman
 Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:58 pm
I agree with the comment on Slawson trying the 3’s. He’s passed on some open shots a lot lately. Has to be a confidence issue, I would think.
 #47933  by Flagman
 Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:00 pm
DPLOT

Very small crowd. Not at all like Chapel Hill on Tuesday. Looks like a women’s game, attendance-wise.

Recent Topics

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.