• SoCon Tourney Thread

#26451  by furmandad
 Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:50 am
All SoCon selection N. Hoover was invisible during the Terrier"s Finals run. Last night he logged 31 min, 2-8 from the field for 7 points, 0 rebounds, 0 assists. Shot an uncontested air ball and another uncontested shot from the corner that hit the back of the backboard .....
 #26471  by FurmAlum
 Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:48 pm
I hear you FD. Hoover is a good player, but there is no fricking way he is better than N. Gurley or C. Mounce! Gurley on the third all conference team was especially galling.

There will be justice served in a few years when Mounce is playing pro ball in Europe or NBA, and Gurley is in the N-B-A. While Hoover is busy selling vacuum cleaners, or whatever Wofart grads do.
 #26474  by Jasper
 Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:23 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:36 pm
Jasper wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:28 pm
The kid who hit 4 threes in a row at a critical time against Furman and had 14 points in the 2nd half went o for the game tonight vs ETSU. That says it all. Other than that , Wofford is a very good team and will be again next year - unfortunately.
Hopefully they can have another very good season next year losing 16 games again ;)
I didn’t say they had a good year. I said they were a good team. They bring a lot back and have a 10 man rotation with 3 of them being freshmen who got better as the season went along. Furman did not have a usable freshman. That will hurt. Wofford, Chattanooga, Mercer and VMI will be tough next year barring transfers.
din23 liked this
 #26509  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:24 am
Jasper wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:23 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:36 pm
Jasper wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:28 pm
The kid who hit 4 threes in a row at a critical time against Furman and had 14 points in the 2nd half went o for the game tonight vs ETSU. That says it all. Other than that , Wofford is a very good team and will be again next year - unfortunately.
Hopefully they can have another very good season next year losing 16 games again ;)
I didn’t say they had a good year. I said they were a good team. They bring a lot back and have a 10 man rotation with 3 of them being freshmen who got better as the season went along. Furman did not have a usable freshman. That will hurt. Wofford, Chattanooga, Mercer and VMI will be tough next year barring transfers.

I never said you said they had a good year, and I also don't think a good team goes 8-10 in the SoCon and loses 16 games, they were mediocre at best, won a few tournament games to save from finishing nearly .500 overall for the year, lose more players than we do 3 seniors (2 starters), I expect them to be not so good again next year just like they were this year

Recent Topics

Default Avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by The Jackal

Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:15 pm

User avatar What just happened?

by FU Hoopla

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:49 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:39 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:38 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:38 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.