• Woffy at Furman (BSW) - February 22

#25368  by purplehorse
 Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:55 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:35 am
hawg wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:30 pm
I thought they HAD don something about the Ball vs Roundball thing by moving the Woffy game to noon. As a Ball goer, I have been troubled the last couple of years about getting to the Ball late and missing some killer hors doevres (sic). Any way, with the game at noon and the Ball at 6, I think I can handle both. I do despise the Well as a basketball venu (it is excellent for hockey) because of the parking, the seats, the horrid sight lines, the overwhelming number of steps to climb, ten dollar beers and 5 dollar water. But if my Paladins are playing there, I ignore all that shiznit and go to the game. And I will not have to wear a suit to the game.
From a different perspective I really enjoy the games at the Well. My seats are great with a great view. Not as close as Timmons but very good. I sat pretty high in the upper level for the NCAA tourney at those seats had a good view also. I don’t mind paying 5 dollars to park and from where I park it’s really not much further than the Timmons lot. There are even closer spots than where I like to park. As for concessions I don’t buy any. Really can do without for a couple hours.
We will prolly play all our home games there while the new arena is being built. 😀 Glad to see you posting hang!
I guess I missed something. Tell me about “the new arena”.
 #25389  by hawg
 Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:34 pm
The Bell Tower Ball is a fairly new celebration. Since the Heritage Society has stopped having a more modest party for its members, and since the participants seem to be about the same, I have always GUESSED that the Bell Tower Ball is for the Heritage Society. Never cared enough to ask. It always takes place in Feb, always on Saturday, and usually on the night that we play Wofford (a fact that I believe to be sheer coincidence). I think it started about the time our Prez took office, so it must be her idea, or the idea of one of her lieutenants. It is a big bash. Black Tie optional. As I have no Black Tie and no desire for one, I wear a suit. The Heritage Society is comparable to "Major Donors". It means that FU is in your will and will get some cash when you croak.
 #25394  by apaladin
 Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:02 pm
purplehorse wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:55 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:35 am
hawg wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:30 pm
I thought they HAD don something about the Ball vs Roundball thing by moving the Woffy game to noon. As a Ball goer, I have been troubled the last couple of years about getting to the Ball late and missing some killer hors doevres (sic). Any way, with the game at noon and the Ball at 6, I think I can handle both. I do despise the Well as a basketball venu (it is excellent for hockey) because of the parking, the seats, the horrid sight lines, the overwhelming number of steps to climb, ten dollar beers and 5 dollar water. But if my Paladins are playing there, I ignore all that shiznit and go to the game. And I will not have to wear a suit to the game.
From a different perspective I really enjoy the games at the Well. My seats are great with a great view. Not as close as Timmons but very good. I sat pretty high in the upper level for the NCAA tourney at those seats had a good view also. I don’t mind paying 5 dollars to park and from where I park it’s really not much further than the Timmons lot. There are even closer spots than where I like to park. As for concessions I don’t buy any. Really can do without for a couple hours.
We will prolly play all our home games there while the new arena is being built. 😀 Glad to see you posting hang!
I guess I missed something. Tell me about “the new arena”.
Check out the Timmons remodel thread. Just speculating that ti might be a new arena instead of a Timmons remodel but prolly a Timmons remodel is more likely.
 #25395  by apaladin
 Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:05 pm
Just looked and there are only 64 sideline tickets left for Saturdays game. Of course this does not include general admission and the student sections on the floor. Looks like they are still not selling tickets in the 4 corner sections which they did for uncg.
 #25400  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:49 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:05 pm
Just looked and there are only 64 sideline tickets left for Saturdays game. Of course this does not include general admission and the student sections on the floor. Looks like they are still not selling tickets in the 4 corner sections which they did for uncg.
They will open those once the rest of these are gone, which will be sometime tomorrow most likely
apaladin liked this
 #25433  by apaladin
 Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:04 am
They have opened up the two corner sections on the side with the benches. Looks like some new seats are available in section 104 that are close to the floor. They have not opened the corner sections on the opposite side and there are no seats left on that side. Would love to know how many GA tickets have been sold. Hope the students show up but again FU scheduled some events that will prolly hurt student attendance but hope not.
 #25434  by Monday
 Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:32 am
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:44 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:32 am
Guess who's message board is dead, well even more dead than usual lol :lol:
https://www.terrierfans.com/viewforum.php?f=2
Good. Hope this disinterest carries over to Saturday.
This disinterest isn’t just on their board. Last year they ranked fourth in conference for avg attendance for home games at 2858, now....7th, 2130. We’ve been more consistent at 6th for both years. (2154, 18-19; 2264, 19-20)

I guess they only appreciate that big arena Uncle Jerry gave them when they’re in first place.
 #25449  by tim
 Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:55 pm
They should open the top balcony sections. The comfort of the fan should mean something rather than forcing people to the sections they want to sell.
 #25451  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:22 pm
tim wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:55 pm
They should open the top balcony sections. The comfort of the fan should mean something rather than forcing people to the sections they want to sell.
I understand where your coming from but opening any part of the top would not only take away from atmosphere of filling the bottom out but also would require more personnel to man that area of the arena which would cost Furman more $.
There are still good seats to purchase in sections 100, 105, 111 and 116.
Honestly if someone wanted to be more near center court they should have gotten tickets a long time ago.
FUpaladin08 liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Bothwell

by PeterGrif

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:19 pm

User avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by AllTimeFU

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:16 pm

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:35 pm

Default Avatar What just happened?

by The Jackal

Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:33 pm

User avatar What just happened?

by bj93

Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:32 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.