• "Weekends At The Well" (Dec. 14, Jan. 11, Feb. 22)

#20233  by fufanatic
 Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:15 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:02 pm
Our first opponent downtown this season Winthrop, is 2-1 so far and just defeated #18 ranked St Mary's on the road, thought that was pretty interesting
Came here to post this. Huge win for Winthrop on the road. They will be very tough. The Well games just got a lot more interesting.
 #20246  by apaladin
 Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:06 am
Good win for them. Interesting that the Paladins were practicing at the Well today. Practicing at a large venue and then playing in the second smallest D1 venue Tuesday night. I guess that is why channel 4 did a piece on the weekends at the Well on the sports tonight. BTW-Winthrop's next game is at ETSU on Thursday. That will be an interesting game.
 #20273  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:26 pm
apaladin wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:06 am
Good win for them. Interesting that the Paladins were practicing at the Well today. Practicing at a large venue and then playing in the second smallest D1 venue Tuesday night. I guess that is why channel 4 did a piece on the weekends at the Well on the sports tonight. BTW-Winthrop's next game is at ETSU on Thursday. That will be an interesting game.
Yeah Thursdays result will be interesting for sure
 #20275  by cavedweller2
 Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:29 pm
Winthrop is consistently tough.
 #21055  by apaladin
 Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:12 pm
Be forewarned that if you use this link it will cost you dearly 2 $20 tickets cost $63 plus or $23 for handling of 2 tickets if you add mail it is $67 plus. So roughly it will cost you $34 each which is ridiculous. If you go straight to ticket master they are still just showing the book tickets. I need a couple for friends but I am not going to ask them to pay that much. I will make a trip to the Well and see what I can do.
 #21056  by fufanatic
 Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:43 pm
apaladin wrote:
Be forewarned that if you use this link it will cost you dearly 2 $20 tickets cost $63 plus or $23 for handling of 2 tickets if you add mail it is $67 plus. So roughly it will cost you $34 each which is ridiculous. If you go straight to ticket master they are still just showing the book tickets. I need a couple for friends but I am not going to ask them to pay that much. I will make a trip to the Well and see what I can do.
That's beyond outrageous.
 #21057  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:51 pm
apaladin wrote:
Not sure what special service ticket master thinks they are providing that deserves a nearly doubling of the ticket price for their fees
 #21060  by apaladin
 Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:35 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Not sure what special service ticket master thinks they are providing that deserves a nearly doubling of the ticket price for their fees
Agreed that is roughly almost 65% handling charge for each ticket which is over the top. We have come up with a good idea but it is way overpriced as it currently stands. We are trying to get Greenville involved but how many non-Furman supporters are going to shell out almost $70 for a basketball game for 2 peeps. Answer: zero.
 #21061  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:58 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:35 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Agreed that is roughly almost 65% handling charge for each ticket which is over the top. We have come up with a good idea but it is way overpriced as it currently stands. We are trying to get Greenville involved but how many non-Furman supporters are going to shell out almost $70 for a basketball game for 2 peeps. Answer: zero.

The endzone (baseline) seating is general admission for $12 each, but even those go to $46.95 for 2 mobile tickets after fees, kinda bizarre
 #21064  by cavedweller2
 Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:48 pm
Box office is easy access as you head into town on 385.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by The Jackal

Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:38 am

User avatar THE NEW SEASON

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:57 pm

User avatar Bothwell

by FU Hoopla

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:46 pm

User avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:31 pm

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:35 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.