• Bubble Watch!

#10680  by gman
 Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:52 am
I refuse to consider a consolation prize. Next team up. Beat Woffy.
 #10687  by MNORM
 Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:18 am
Paul C wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:50 pm
If it doesn’t work out that we get an NCAA bid, playing Clemson in the NIT would be a nice consolation prize.
...at home. No way they should be seeded above us.
FUKA61 and 2 others liked this
 #10695  by MNORM
 Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:24 am
Paul C wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:14 am
At The Well!!
Unfortunately, if played at the Well I would expect Clempsun fans to outnumber Furman fans about 5:1...similar to our "home" baseball games at Flour Field...not really a home game.
 #10710  by fufanatic
 Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:00 am
apaladin wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:32 pm
Good to see most of these sites have at least have FU on the bubble but FU is nowhere to be found on Joe Lunardi's board. Not even a bubble team. Yet he has Clempson (15-11)solidly in(they lost their 3rd in a row tonight). CU has ONE decent win and they are 5-8 in the ACC and four of those 5 wins were GT(2), Wake and Pitt. They have not done near enough to get in the tourney.
I hadn't looked at their schedule until just now, but it's honestly insane that they are even a bubble team, much less easily in Lunardi's board. They have zero good non-conference wins, lost to an average to below average Creighton team, a bad Nebraska team, an average to slightly above average Mississippi State team, and have beaten Georgia Tech twice, Pitt, Wake and Virginia Tech. So with the exception of Virginia Tech, the other ACC wins are a combined 8-31 in conference play. That's pathetic and should hardly be an NIT resume, much less NCAA. Especially in an ACC that has some elite top teams, but absolutely pathetic bottom teams in BC, ND, Miami, Wake, GT and Pitt.
 #10720  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:15 pm
fufanatic wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Good to see most of these sites have at least have FU on the bubble but FU is nowhere to be found on Joe Lunardi's board. Not even a bubble team. Yet he has Clempson (15-11)solidly in(they lost their 3rd in a row tonight). CU has ONE decent win and they are 5-8 in the ACC and four of those 5 wins were GT(2), Wake and Pitt. They have not done near enough to get in the tourney.
I hadn't looked at their schedule until just now, but it's honestly insane that they are even a bubble team, much less easily in Lunardi's board. They have zero good non-conference wins, lost to an average to below average Creighton team, a bad Nebraska team, an average to slightly above average Mississippi State team, and have beaten Georgia Tech twice, Pitt, Wake and Virginia Tech. So with the exception of Virginia Tech, the other ACC wins are a combined 8-31 in conference play. That's pathetic and should hardly be an NIT resume, much less NCAA. Especially in an ACC that has some elite top teams, but absolutely pathetic bottom teams in BC, ND, Miami, Wake, GT and Pitt.

Yep, Gardner Webb who we beat owns wins over the likes of Georgia Tech and Wake Forest
 #10723  by apaladin
 Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:22 pm
fufanatic wrote:
apaladin wrote:
That's what I've been saying. The sad thing is the rest of their schedule is cupcake city except for UNC so likely they will finish 9-9 in the ACC and be tourney bound. Pathetic.
 #10831  by gman
 Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:14 am
I read the article as being positive. With that said, I did send Gene an e-mail asking him to explain the slipping reference.
 #10832  by apaladin
 Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:17 am
FU has gained about 12 spots in the last week. They only slipped 2 spots in Thursday rankings following Villanova and LSU losses Wednesday night.
 #10851  by fufanatic
 Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:30 pm
dinsontop wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:19 pm
https://watchstadium.com/news/stadiums- ... 2-22-2019/

Last Four In according to Stadium's latest bracketology
Has Florida and Furman playing in a Dayton game for the right to play Kansas State in Salt Lake City. If we somehow make the field as an at-large, a trip to Dayton really isn't the worst thing in the world. Yeah you could be out before the tourney really starts, but you get all eyes on you for an entire night instead of being buried in a noon window on Friday afternoon. If you win, you get some nice pub and at least two games.
gman, FUpaladin08 and 1 others liked this