• (15-3) Furman @ (14-4) Wofford Jan. 19

#9087  by fufanatic
 Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:42 am
soconjohn wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:30 am
All that matters is Asheville, and no matter where you finish in the Top 6, you will have to beat one or three good teams...I don't see how it matters...The regular-season matters less in the SoCon this year than ever before...Furman just needs to finish in Top 6...That guarantees a bye...From there, Furman will have to beat teams like UNCG, ETSU, Wofford etc. no matter whether it is quarterfinals, semifinals or title game.
I'm personally not ready to give up on the regular season title ... that's the only way to assure that we play at least some sort of postseason basketball, because if we didn't play in the CIT or CBI last year, I can't imagine we would do it this year. And I'm not going to argue that we should. Let's win the league to at least get the NIT berth and then win the whole damn thing in Asheville!
 #9096  by Paul C
 Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:45 pm
Since the subject of the postseason been brought up, I’d love to see us in the NIT matched up vs Clemson.

Frankly with our high profile wins we’d stand a god chance at that consolation prize...even if we don’t win the reg season or tourney (but finish with a 24-6 or so record)
 #9145  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:45 pm
Right now if you look at the top 4, there is only 1 team behind the 8 ball right now and that is UNCG, as they have a home loss to one of the other top 4 (wofford). You can basically consider FU, Wofford, ETSU all tied for the lead since neither has lost a home game, that really is the only fair way to look at the conference to this point.
 #9151  by apaladin
 Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:36 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Right now if you look at the top 4, there is only 1 team behind the 8 ball right now and that is UNCG, as they have a home loss to one of the other top 4 (wofford). You can basically consider FU, Wofford, ETSU all tied for the lead since neither has lost a home game, that really is the only fair way to look at the conference to this point.
That's really an optimistic way to look at things. You could also say WC has the upper hand as they have a win on the road against the top 4. Either way a loss at WC Saturday puts FU 3 games behind WC.
 #9152  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:41 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:36 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
That's really an optimistic way to look at things. You could also say WC has the upper hand as they have a win on the road against the top 4. Either way a loss at WC Saturday puts FU 3 games behind WC.

True, you could theoretically say:

Woff 1 up

FU and ETSU even

UNCG 1 down
 #9187  by Fessor
 Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:42 pm
What's the quarantine period for people returning to Greenville from Spartanburg? Is it still 48 hours or has it been reduced to 24 hours?
Last edited by Fessor on Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #9191  by Flagman
 Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:45 pm
I'm just hoping I'll have a voice on Sunday morning to preach. It was a rough day following the citadel game.
dornb, QCGlue liked this
 #9196  by CharlieFU
 Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:10 am
If we could somehow win today, and then the next two at home, we would finish first half of SoCon at 7-2. That would be strong.

I would really like to finish 14-4 overall, but 12-6 is probably more realistic.
dornb liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.