• (9-4) Citadel @ (13-2) Furman Jan. 5th

#8742  by Flagman
 Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:09 pm
Our boisterous fan is a personal friend and an avid supporter of Furman athletics, not just vocally, but also financially. He is present at every home football, baseball, and men's and women's basketball games. He puts our athletes and all students first. He certainly dispels the notion that Furman fans are like a golf crowd.
 #8744  by tya1
 Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:42 pm
Paul C wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:28 pm
In our 4 SoCon games we are shooting 30% from 3 and are 3-1....our shooting needs to improve.
Probably too soon to look for a trend. We hit 25% in the Dec. 1 game with Western Carolina and 22% against ETSU. We have hit 35.7% and 34.2% in the last two games. For the season we are hitting 35.7% If there is a trend it is pointing up.
 #8750  by Yadkin
 Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:51 am
Being a vocal fan is one thing, but yelling ignorant nonsense, constantly badgering officials, and using profanity are another and are hardly “putting student-athletes or Furman’s interests first.”
 #8751  by Fessor
 Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:26 am
Yadkin wrote:
Being a vocal fan is one thing, but yelling ignorant nonsense, constantly badgering officials, and using profanity are another and are hardly “putting student-athletes or Furman’s interests first.”
Yeah, the guy sitting near the television broadcast constantly badgering the officials is annoying and embarrassing. It must be really annoying to be sitting near him. I wonder if there is a connection between this guy's non-stop noise and the rows of empty seats at center court.
 #8759  by Flagman
 Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:09 am
Yadkin wrote:
First of all, you have never heard him use profanity. And everyone badgers officials. And “DEFENSE” isn’t ignorant nonsense. And I think everyone would agree, those striped shirts at the citadel game deserved badgering. I’m sure the arena needed a good spraying of Lysol after their performance.
 #8763  by Flagman
 Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:46 am
CharlieFU wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:23 am
Flagman wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:02 am
Did Myron leave early? Check out his reported score in the article.
Check out this article from Greenville News:

Furman uses late run to pull away from The Citadel

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/ ... 494259002/

Not only that, but he got our record wrong. we are 14-2, right?
Correct.
 #8765  by Yadkin
 Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:08 am
Your ears might not have heard profanity from wherever you sit, but others have and it earned him a visit by game management folk on Saturday.
 #8768  by GOAT
 Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:30 am
The guy screaming during the game is an embarrassment. He makes listening to Dan Scott very difficult. If he is a friend of yours, please tell him that he is making it difficult for Furman fans who do not live near Greenville and who do not attend the games on a regular basis to hear what Dan Scott is saying. I would like to hear what is happening in the game and not someone screaming on a regular basis.
 #8769  by stonemd
 Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:54 am
Maybe if we just get everyone hollering at that level he won't be so noticeable.

The audio people for TV/radio should be able to fix Dan's microphone and figure a way to add background noise from a more remote microphone if they want to.

I think there has been a long tradition of free speech that is regularly excersised by spectators.
 #8770  by gman
 Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:59 am
I’m sure he is a nice guy, but he is over the top. A few years ago, I had season tickets near him. I had to move after the first half of the first game. He yells and screams with no purpose.
 #8773  by furpop16
 Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:30 pm
Flagman wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:09 am
First of all, you have never heard him use profanity.

I listen to all the games. If this discussion involves the loud voice I hear in the background, two reactions:
1. For the most part I find it rather entertaining ... think an additional "color commentator" ... nevertheless I often wonder what it would be like sitting near the guy.
2. This past game, after a particularly contentious call, I could swear I heard him yell multiple "BULLLSSHH***TTT!!!" s.