• Mercer @ Furman Jan. 3rd

#8664  by Flagman
 Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:02 pm
CharlieFU wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:07 am
Jonathan Jean in the house last night.

Both Daniel Fowler and Geoff Beans’ parents were there.
As were Geoff Beans and Daniel Fowler.
 #8667  by CharlieFU
 Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:13 pm
furpep wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:40 am
And ugly and chippy game. 2nd time I have seen these officials and I am not overly impressed. Looked like they tried to take out Alex Hunter. #0 for Mercer hit him with a knee in the groin and then about 2 minutes later they took him out on a drive to the basket that was exactly in front of me and which was a way harder foul than needed to be done.
Thought Matt looked stiff and unable to get into the flow of the game until the 2nd half. Good for Noah giving it right back to their coach - who easily could have gotten a T a few times . I like Clay but he doesn't show up a lot some nights. Started hot on defense and then there were a issues all night. We need to work on the press since we looked awful and were lucky there were no more turnovers.
Thought Bothwell deserved more playing time and do not understand why Slawson is not in rotation. Plus when teams bring in their big centers it is Jalen time. They were really drawing fouls and put our starters at a disadvantage - Jalen has 5 fouls to give and can easily push back. We are 13-2 and still need to work on things.
But who among us that we would be 13-2 at this point. So a W is a good thing but we need to get back on track.
Sorry, but i could not disagree more about Noah. I dont know what he said, if anything, but he got a T for some reason--maybe a T was not called for. BUT Noah should not even be looking at the Mercer coach or bench! Ever. And he knows that since Richey called him out for doing the same thing in the USC Upstate game. I dont care what another coach or team does, a response by a player is wrong; that's coach's job, if a response is called for. I think its OK for players to lift their arms and hands to celebrate a big shot or play, or whatever--but that never should be directed to an opposing team or coach.

IMHO
FUBeAR, MNORM, underjack liked this
 #8669  by CharlieFU
Flagman wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:02 pm
CharlieFU wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:07 am
Jonathan Jean in the house last night.

Both Daniel Fowler and Geoff Beans’ parents were there.
As were Geoff Beans and Daniel Fowler.
Smart arse
 #8672  by DungeonRealm
 Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:10 pm
CharlieFU wrote:
furpep wrote:
And ugly and chippy game. 2nd time I have seen these officials and I am not overly impressed. Looked like they tried to take out Alex Hunter. #0 for Mercer hit him with a knee in the groin and then about 2 minutes later they took him out on a drive to the basket that was exactly in front of me and which was a way harder foul than needed to be done.
Thought Matt looked stiff and unable to get into the flow of the game until the 2nd half. Good for Noah giving it right back to their coach - who easily could have gotten a T a few times . I like Clay but he doesn't show up a lot some nights. Started hot on defense and then there were a issues all night. We need to work on the press since we looked awful and were lucky there were no more turnovers.
Thought Bothwell deserved more playing time and do not understand why Slawson is not in rotation. Plus when teams bring in their big centers it is Jalen time. They were really drawing fouls and put our starters at a disadvantage - Jalen has 5 fouls to give and can easily push back. We are 13-2 and still need to work on things.
But who among us that we would be 13-2 at this point. So a W is a good thing but we need to get back on track.
Sorry, but i could not disagree more about Noah. I dont know what he said, if anything, but he got a T for some reason--maybe a T was not called for. BUT Noah should not even be looking at the Mercer coach or bench! Ever. And he knows that since Richey called him out for doing the same thing in the USC Upstate game. I dont care what another coach or team does, a response by a player is wrong; that's coach's job, if a response is called for. I think its OK for players to lift their arms and hands to celebrate a big shot or play, or whatever--but that never should be directed to an opposing team or coach.

IMHO

Its ok he's just a fiery competitor, great to see his confidence as a freshmen, he will learn what he can and can't do over time, he's going to be a good one and I like him in our starting line-up every night

We all know old Bob for Mercer is one of the whiniest coaches of all time, let's not give that guy any free passes
fufanatic, underjack and 1 others liked this
 #8678  by fufanatic
 Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:08 pm
furpep wrote:
I can't imagine how hard it is to manage the rotation every game, especially if you're playing more than 7 or 8 guys, but I too have been surprised about the limited time Slawson and Williams have received recently. Slawson's athleticism and shot blocking have been impressive this year and Williams has had some decent minutes. Why take the redshirt off Slawson if he's not an every game type of player?
 #8681  by apaladin
 Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:05 pm
We have really been struggling to score lately and right now there is no room for offensively challenged players and CBR knows this. They will get there turn.

Recent Topics

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.