• New Ask The AD

#66745  by apaladin
 Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:19 pm
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:18 pm
As much as I would like that to be the harsh reality is the capacity has to be a manageable number that allows for both growth and a good atmosphere. I was not saying keep it abnormally small, I was saying let’s not make it to big to where empty seats are prevalent.
I don’t think you have to worry about it being too big. I doubt we will see 3,500 sests. I just don’t want to have a facility where people want to come to a game like last week and get pissed off because there are no seats and never make the effort to come to a game again. There was a huge demand for tickets last week.
 #66761  by Davemeister
 Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:42 am
Mr. Donnelly:

Given the record-setting success of our February 4 Men's Basketball game vs. Wofford, will you be working to schedule more than two games at the Well for the 2023-24 Season? Downtown Basketball rocks!
FU Hoopla liked this
 #66763  by FU Hoopla
 Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:07 pm
Davemeister wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:42 am
Mr. Donnelly:

Given the record-setting success of our February 4 Men's Basketball game vs. Wofford, will you be working to schedule more than two games at the Well for the 2023-24 Season? Downtown Basketball rocks!
Programs I would love to see us play downtown next season:

Literally ANY team from ACC, SEC, BIG10, Big East, Big12, PAC12
Houston
Memphis
Cincinnati
Gonzaga
Saint Mary's
BYU
Wofford
Davidson
College Of Charleston
VCU
Dayton
Harvard
Princeton
Colorado State (Medved)
Belmont
UCF
Wichita State
Drake
Temple
Charlotte
Marshall
 #66772  by greenvegas
 Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:02 pm
In the newly redesigned Timmons Arena will the spectator seats be as close to the basketball court as possible on all sides?
 #66811  by HammerTKE
 Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:09 pm
Will the first choice for seats in the renovated Timmons Arena be selected based upon donor level (priority points) or current season ticket locations? For example, if someone has courtside seats today, can they be replaced in the renovated arena by someone who donates at a higher level?
 #66849  by FU Hoopla
 Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:38 am
DanScott wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:58 pm
Recording Wednesday. Fire away.
Thank you to JD and Dan for keeping us all so well up to speed on everything!
 #66854  by fu77fan
 Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:13 am
Why do we play bb games on Wednesday night? What is the rationale for this? It seems like this would be more difficult on the student athletes. I would think Tuesday nights would be better- the players would not miss as many classes when playing away games. I think Tuesday nights would also be better for the fans.

Thanks
 #66855  by RaleighDin
HammerTKE wrote:
Will the first choice for seats in the renovated Timmons Arena be selected based upon donor level (priority points) or current season ticket locations? For example, if someone has courtside seats today, can they be replaced in the renovated arena by someone who donates at a higher level?
As someone who loves their current seats, I'd second this question.
 #66856  by Roundball
 Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:23 am
RaleighDin wrote:
HammerTKE wrote:
Have to admit, I have thought about that question too. I’ve had the same on court seats for a long time, going back to when few showed up for the games. Selfishly, I hope season ticket holder loyalty is considered in any decision about seating.
 #66897  by FU Hoopla
 Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:02 pm
Has JD found a pep band to represent us in the NCAA tourney :D
 #66901  by purplehorse123
 Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:12 pm
fu77fan wrote:
Why do we play bb games on Wednesday night? What is the rationale for this? It seems like this would be more difficult on the student athletes. I would think Tuesday nights would be better- the players would not miss as many classes when playing away games. I think Tuesday nights would also be better for the fans.

Thanks
The games in the past were Thursday-Saturday. I wonder why we play the occasional Sunday game. I assume it is all about TV exposure.
 #66902  by apaladin
 Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:30 pm
purplehorse123 wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:12 pm
fu77fan wrote:

Thanks
The games in the past were Thursday-Saturday. I wonder why we play the occasional Sunday game. I assume it is all about TV exposure.
Captain obvious! :lol:
 #66913  by MNORM
 Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:33 am
RaleighDin wrote:
HammerTKE wrote:
This is my only real concern as well. I love my chunk of seats and realize I've out-punted my donor level with their location. I've had them for a number of years, however, and would hate to lose them.
 #66914  by Fuonetime
 Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:54 am
As one who had some experience with arena seating back in the day, i suggest that one of the most important aspects is sight lines. It is basically determined by the elevation difference between rows. Having experienced both it is critical that we establish good to great sight lines for our fans. Some arenas in an effort to maximize capacity have reduced the pitch between rows to the consternation of fans. We need Timmons to be as comfortable as possible and as desirable as possible as we continue to build our fan base. It is important to get the right number of seats for our arena. You can have too many or too few. The final plans need to a careful review. This is a 40 million dollar bet and we need to be right.
FU Hoopla, dornb liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by cavedweller2

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:42 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.