• Furman vs UTC for Socon Championship March 7

#51251  by apaladin
 Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:42 pm
You see teams lose games like this all the time but not with a team trying to end a 42 year drought. That is what makes it mega heartbreaking. As bad as us fans feel we can only imagine the pain the coaches and players and their families are going thru. Pray for them.
dornb, FU69, furpop16 and 1 others liked this
 #51252  by FurmAlum
 Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:50 pm
The SoCon is a much tougher conference than people give it credit for. UTC had 6 losses??

Furman deserves an NCAA bid too but they won't get it.

Time to regroup and go win the NIT!
Fuonetime liked this
 #51253  by Affirm
 Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:57 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
The SoCon is a much tougher conference than people give it credit for. UTC had 6 losses??

Winning it is a lot to ask.
I will be surprised if we make the NIT. We deserve to. I hope we do make it, and I hope we compete well if we make it - regardless of who we play but especially if we play against UofSC and/or CU and/or Davidson and/or Richmond in the NIT.
Again, winning it is a lot to ask. So is getting the team back up to compete well, after a game like tonight, a lot to ask.
In any case, more people should keep supporting this team and this program.
Last edited by Affirm on Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Fuonetime liked this
 #51255  by apaladin
 Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:13 pm
affirm wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:57 pm
FurmAlum wrote:

Winning it is a lot to ask.
I will be surprised if we make the NIT. We deserve to. I hope we do make it, and I hope we compete well if we make it - regardless of who we play but especially if we play against UofSC and/or CU and/or Davidson and/or Richmond in the NIT.
Again, winning it is a lot to ask.
NIT chances get slimmer everyday. 2 more number ones fall tonight. The only one that didn’t fall was the one we wanted to. After tonight not even sure if I want an NIT bid. After watching FU for 60 years I can say this was the most heartbreaking, gut wrenching loss ever. Not even close! My heart is busting for these coaches and players especially for Hunter, Garrison and the rest of the seniors.
 #51257  by Paladin91
 Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:29 pm
Still trying to digest what happened - I can't imagine how the players and coaches are feeling right now. They laid it all out on the floor - yes, we had our slumps but they pulled through and fought all the way to the end. Couldn't be more proud of that performance. UTC certainly had their prayer answered.

Thank you Paladins for an incredible season. I certainly hope this team gets an NIT bid - they deserve it. Also hope Slawson is OK after getting stepped on the head. Hope Slaw and Bothwell are back next year.
dornb, Fuonetime, furpop16 and 1 others liked this
 #51258  by Roundball
 Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:32 pm
Just got home. I am sick, but all I can think about is the heart of our players and coaches. It was a great game played by two teams with heart and with fight. It came down to who made the last shot and it happened to be Chatty. It was not a lucky shot. He was squared up for made a great shot. I hope Chatty wins a game or two in the Big Dance.
dornb, Fuonetime, furpop16 and 1 others liked this
 #51259  by apaladin
 Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:47 pm
After watching replay of the last shot it looked to me like the clock started late, he caught the ball and dribbled before it moved. See if you agree. We didn’t have anyone on the inbounder. We let him get up court too quickly. He never had to change direction. Does he even get that shot off with Slaw in the game? Still can’t say enough about how the team played down the stretch. Hunter, Hien, Slaw etc and of course Bothwell who took the game over. They deserved better.
Last edited by apaladin on Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fuonetime, FurmanATT liked this