• Ladies Game

#51136  by FUBeAR
 Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:51 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:56 pm
stonemd wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:01 pm
Sat across the aisle from the commish. He spent 95% of the time playing on his phone.
hacker bud of SD got his texts...

1. Make sure u guys call Hodges with anything that looks like a foul
2. Why didnt you call that one? Hodges was in vacinity of the play
3. If MER loses this one, you all going down with me. I aint gonna have that crazy lady yelling at me for the next 6 months
4. You could have reviewed that last shot before HT and called it a walk
5. Frickin' CALL the foul on Hodges!
6. Good job y'all.. I hate FU!
Funny…but nah. That kinda effort is reserved to support their hometown Tearyiers in all sports.

…although #3 mighta happened. :P
 #51176  by Flagman
 Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:34 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:53 pm
Flagman wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:45 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:33 pm
what a jerk! Mugs up by 20 and star player getting chewed by coach like she was a rookie frosh
If that was my daughter, I’d suggest she enter the portal. I couldn’t believe the dressing down she was given. That not coaching, that abuse.
LOL - If that was “abuse,” FUBeAR needs to acquire legal representation & get some lawsuits started against Furman U & some former Furman Football Coaches; 2 of them in the College Football Hall of Fame. Several others of them in various other Halls of Fame.

Probably wouldn’t be able to take the stand though, cuz in order to not perjure hisself, he’d have tell the jury how much he loved them and appreciated them always tough-Coaching him & every other Player on those Furman Teams. Knew that if they ever stopped hard-Coaching him like that, it meant that they had probably given up on him. Don’t think FUBeAR would have all this SoCon Championship hardware he owns without that tough-Coaching.

FUBeAR believes that star Player what got chewed out in that game today has quite a few pieces of Championship hardware her ownself, don’t she. Coincidence? :?:
I understand what you're saying, but to dress down a player like she did in plain view of the world seems extreme. I've never seen a Furman coach (in any sport) berate a player like that on the sideline. That would be the same as grabbing a facemask and jerking the guy's head back and forth. There's no place for kind of public humiliation, IMHO. During practice, perhaps, but during the game when you've got a twenty point lead?
 #51182  by FUBeAR
 Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:16 pm
Flagman wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:34 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:53 pm
Flagman wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:45 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:33 pm
what a jerk! Mugs up by 20 and star player getting chewed by coach like she was a rookie frosh
If that was my daughter, I’d suggest she enter the portal. I couldn’t believe the dressing down she was given. That not coaching, that abuse.
LOL - If that was “abuse,” FUBeAR needs to acquire legal representation & get some lawsuits started against Furman U & some former Furman Football Coaches; 2 of them in the College Football Hall of Fame. Several others of them in various other Halls of Fame.

Probably wouldn’t be able to take the stand though, cuz in order to not perjure hisself, he’d have tell the jury how much he loved them and appreciated them always tough-Coaching him & every other Player on those Furman Teams. Knew that if they ever stopped hard-Coaching him like that, it meant that they had probably given up on him. Don’t think FUBeAR would have all this SoCon Championship hardware he owns without that tough-Coaching.

FUBeAR believes that star Player what got chewed out in that game today has quite a few pieces of Championship hardware her ownself, don’t she. Coincidence? :?:
I understand what you're saying, but to dress down a player like she did in plain view of the world seems extreme. I've never seen a Furman coach (in any sport) berate a player like that on the sideline. That would be the same as grabbing a facemask and jerking the guy's head back and forth. There's no place for kind of public humiliation, IMHO. During practice, perhaps, but during the game when you've got a twenty point lead?
No, not the same because no hands were laid upon the Player as was in your grabbing face mask example.

1982 - playing @ Marshall…4th quarter…killing them (final score was 45-7)…A star Defensive Player raised his voice in an irritated response to one of those HoF Coaches who kept asking him a question he, for some reason, didn’t answer. That Coach immediately leaped over-top the 1st row of Players to get to the 2nd bench, where the ‘offending’ Player was seated. Coach was nose-to-nose loudly discussing (screaming) about this demonstration of lack of respect with this Player for several minutes, while the infamous Marshall fans, who were essentially on top of those benches laughed, hooted & hollered at both Player and Coach. Once the Coach had sufficiently made his point & extracted recognition of the point accompanied by multiple “Yes Sirs,” he returned to Coaching FU to another win…a win that clinched Furman their 3rd consecutive SoCon Football Championship.

Interestingly, saw this former Furman Football Player on TV, in the stands supporting the Paladins vs. Samford tonight…and I know he is now a significant donor to Furman…oh, and, if I’m not mistaken, I believe I saw pics of him in attendance at this same Coach’s recent HoF induction ceremony. Funny how those things work, huh?

You can Coach kids hard & tough…if…
1) you recruit the right kids
2) you love the kids
3) you tell the kids you love them
4) you show the kids you love them
5) no…really…you really love them and they really know it

How’s it go?
Nobody cares how much you know until they know how much you care. Yeah…that’s a good one for Coaches to learn, know, and live.
 #51185  by Flagman
 Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:13 am
I have it on pretty good authority, that this doesn’t apply to this coach.
 #51198  by FUBeAR
 Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:29 am
Flagman wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:13 am
I have it on pretty good authority, that this doesn’t apply to this coach.
OK…so, your initial “abuse” post was, undoubtedly, informed & shaped by information this “good authority” has provided to you. Cool. You have information that FUBeAR does not.

But…in and of themselves, the actions of the Mercer Women’s Basketball Coach during the Championship game were not abusive and in no way comparable to grabbing a football player by their face mask and jerking it back & forth.

If this Coach’s treatment of Players is abusive and/or if she doesn’t incorporate love as part of her tough/hard Coaching style, it will catch up with her and the program will crater. Too much free flow of info & too many options & too easy for Players to move today for any Coach below the P5 level (and maybe not even there) to be able to maintain success in this environment with that sort of approach. Current Head Coach has been there for a decade+ and the success in the most recent 5 or so years has been obvious. Regardless…if your “good authority” is accurate, it should catch up with her soon. We’ll see.
 #51218  by Jasper
 Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:32 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:14 pm
Dins won or tied 3 of 4 qtrs. The one lost was a doozie
Good observation. What was a tight ballgame became a farce because of that horrible 3rd qtr. Some of it was simply very good outside shooting by Mercer. That little Haupt kid hit a couple from the concession stand in the mezzanine and they were off to the races. Mercer had 3 outstanding players yesterday and our outstanding player had a rough day with fouls, etc.