• Furman at UNCG

#48687  by tya1
 Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:17 am
Normally we win or lose based on 3 point shooting percentage. We hit a decent percentage tonight and played some good defense and won. We played decent defense against VMI and had a subpar shooting percentage and lost. We toughed it out pretty good on the road tonight. BTW, VMI leads the conference in both overall shooting percentage defense and 3 point % defense. UNCG came into the game 3rd overall and 4th defending the three point line. Mercer is near the bottom in both categories. Wofford is currently last in both categories.
 #48689  by The Jackal
 Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:00 am
I'm surprised that we have so many on here that are concerned with how "pretty" a win has to be. It's as though there's a sliding scale from "ugly loss" to "pretty win" and some become dissatisfied if the victory doesn't fall far enough up that subjective scale.

Furman won a road game in Greensboro, one of the traditionally most elusive wins for any SoCon team. Furman was 4-14 at UNC-G. Somehow we're still complaining about the win.

I'll literally never understand some of you.
MidlandsPaladin, gman84, Affirm and 1 others liked this
 #48690  by GOAT
 Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:40 am
jesse174 wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:51 pm
Hein seems lost and can't do anything with the ball but lose it...ashame
Please stop attacking kids on this board. I will never understand why any adult feels the need to do this.
 #48692  by RaleighDin
 Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:17 am
It seems to me that Hien's struggles right now are the need to get a little stronger with the ball (10-15 lbs in the offseason would help), and playing with confidence. He shows flashes that get me really excited, like the sight of him taking off for that dunk attempt in the 2nd half. Sure he missed, but he went to finish strong and was aggressive. Plus, he was WAY up there.

Great tough win on the road against a tough opponent with a short bench. I'll take that 7 days a week and twice on Sunday.
FurmAlum liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.