• Timmons Arena stuff

#48610  by Roundball
 Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:26 pm
I just a text via Ticketmaster with my tickets attached. Hope the game is played.
 #48611  by apaladin
 Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:43 pm
Roundball wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:26 pm
I just a text via Ticketmaster with my tickets attached. Hope the game is played.
Me too if you’re talking about the game at the Well Saturday.
 #48756  by Roundball
 Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:37 pm
Time to enforce the mask requirement at Timmons.

Dear Furman Fans,

I hope that your New Year is off to a great start! As always, we appreciate your passionate support of Furman Athletics.

We are excited about our Men's and Women's Basketball doubleheader at the Bon Secours Wellness Arena this Saturday, January 8th, and hope to see you there as we cheer on The Paladins! Further details about game day activities are available HERE.

With the significant increase in COVID-19 transmission and infections, we need your continued cooperation to prioritize the health and safety of our community. Furman University is requiring that all students, faculty, staff and visitors wear masks in all indoor locations, including Timmons Arena. Athletic facilities require masks upon entry and masks must be worn within the facility except when eating or drinking. We also strongly encourage you to wear masks in the Bon Secours Wellness Arena. The CDC advises that wearing masks not only helps to protect you but also those around you, including individuals who may be more susceptible to the virus and who could experience more severe symptoms as a result of infection.

Our department supports the University mask policy, so please expect that our gameday staff will be more vigilant with enforcing mask-wearing to allow our teams to safely compete and our fans to continue to safely attend. We will continue to monitor conditions and adjust our masking requirements accordingly.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation as we work together to help protect all of us. Go Paladins!

Sincerely,

Jason Donnelly
Director of Athletics
Furman University
 #48762  by Roundball
 Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:47 am
This is a recent post from a friend of my wife, a RN at St. Francis.

“ Whitney’s 2022 PSA —
1. Stay your ass at home.
2. Wear your mask.
3. Please notify others if you start feeling symptoms or test positive.
4. Take your vitamins.
5. Stay your ass at home.
6. Wear your mask.
7. Take your vitamins.
8. Wear yo mask.

Omicron does not make you as sick as delta. But it is crazy more contagious. We have no more monoclonal antibodies in our hospital. Plus it doesn’t really work against omicron.

Our staff is dropping like flies. Our nightshift is almost totally wiped out of available staff bc everyone is sick. And I’ve seen more positive covid preggos this last 2 weeks than I have in 2 YEARS.

It is not pretty Up here. And it’s scary.”

I know some of you think this covid variant is a joke. I only post this because I do care about others and don’t want any of us to get sick and possibly give it to others that might end up in a hospital that is understaffed. Praying everyone stays safe.
 #48763  by Sad Din
 Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:56 am
100% - and its clear the govt (both sides) are clueless. They cant fix it

At this point we know whats going on... take care of yourself and take your own precuastions based on your situation They are predicing it will decrease in Feb so its only for a short time
 #48766  by apaladin
 Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:03 am
Roundball wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:47 am
This is a recent post from a friend of my wife, a RN at St. Francis.

“ Whitney’s 2022 PSA —
1. Stay your ass at home.
2. Wear your mask.
3. Please notify others if you start feeling symptoms or test positive.
4. Take your vitamins.
5. Stay your ass at home.
6. Wear your mask.
7. Take your vitamins.
8. Wear yo mask.

Omicron does not make you as sick as delta. But it is crazy more contagious. We have no more monoclonal antibodies in our hospital. Plus it doesn’t really work against omicron.

Our staff is dropping like flies. Our nightshift is almost totally wiped out of available staff bc everyone is sick. And I’ve seen more positive covid preggos this last 2 weeks than I have in 2 YEARS.

It is not pretty Up here. And it’s scary.”

I know some of you think this covid variant is a joke. I only post this because I do care about others and don’t want any of us to get sick and possibly give it to others that might end up in a hospital that is understaffed. Praying everyone stays safe.
Yes, everyone just stay home. No work, no school, nothing. Close all the stores, businesses. That should work just fine. Pretty simple, 😳😳😳
 #48768  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:16 pm
I thought the democrats knew how to fix this 'mess' lol
Any of us with half a brain knew that was bull-shit
The entire arena of politics is a shit show
 #48772  by FU69
 Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:31 pm
Unvaxxxed repugnuts cause the rest of us to suffer. As a multiple transplant recipient, I am at the most vulnerable.
 #48776  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:43 pm
FU69 wrote:
Unvaxxxed repugnuts cause the rest of us to suffer. As a multiple transplant recipient, I am at the most vulnerable.
Not my point at all
Truth is Biden has the benefit of a vaccine at his disposal and has still not accomplished a damn thing with fighting Covid, funny how so many people fell for his shit actually thinking he could help us fight against covid like he had a freaking clue how to deal with it :lol:

Anyways political rant over from me
 #48799  by cavedweller2
 Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:19 pm
It is no joke. Fully vaxed yet I am just coming out of the funk after 2 weeks. Top 5 easily in sickest I've been in my adult life. In last 40 years. Like a bad flu 103+ fever for 72 hours. Luckily no respiratory issues. Still struggling with fatigue. It is real.

Wash your hands. Stay away from people if at all possible.

Go Paladins.
 #48800  by Roundball
 Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:24 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
FU69 wrote:
Not my point at all
Truth is Biden has the benefit of a vaccine at his disposal and has still not accomplished a damn thing with fighting Covid, funny how so many people fell for his shit actually thinking he could help us fight against covid like he had a freaking clue how to deal with it :lol:

Please, try to make your point without the filthy language. Thank you.
 #48802  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:27 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:24 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
FU69 wrote:
Not my point at all

Please, try to make your point without the filthy language. Thank you.

Will try
 #48898  by GOAT
 Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:50 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
FU69 wrote:
Not my point at all

What did you want Biden to do that he has not done or what did he do that he should not have done.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by paladinfan41

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:02 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.