• Citadel @ Furman (Feb. 29)(Senior Day)

#25985  by Flagman
 Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:16 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:37 pm
Vegas has FU favored by 20 tomorrow
https://www.vegasinsider.com/college-ba ... las-vegas/
After perusing that whole chart, I noticed that we’re the most heavily favored team playing today. ESPN’s predictor gives citadel a 2.8% chance of winning. I predict our bench will get some playing time today, after the first six get to double figures. Today will be a breakout day for Jordan. Thanks for choosing Furman Mr. Lyons.
QCGlue liked this
 #25986  by MidlandsPaladin
 Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:22 am
Flagman wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:16 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:37 pm
Vegas has FU favored by 20 tomorrow
https://www.vegasinsider.com/college-ba ... las-vegas/
After perusing that whole chart, I noticed that we’re the most heavily favored team playing today.
As it should be anytime we play citadel in anything.😁
 #25995  by dins13
 Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:41 pm
So this has probably been discussed elsewhere, but: I know we are locked into #2 seed, but we get to claim conference title if we win and ETSU loses, right?
 #25996  by furpop16
 Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:47 pm
dins13 wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:41 pm
So this has probably been discussed elsewhere, but: I know we are locked into #2 seed, but we get to claim conference title if we win and ETSU loses, right?

Good question; WCU up by 8 over ETSU with less than 5 to play ...
 #26001  by furpop16
 Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:41 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:04 pm
wcu choked lol

At the very least ETSU's knees have gotta be a little wobbly going into Asheville after such a close shave at home. We're playing our best ball of the year, ETSU not so much.
Last edited by furpop16 on Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #26004  by Roundball
 Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:16 pm
Great emotional win for the Paladins. Good crowd, but still too many no shows. I am going to call out the fans that left with about 4 minutes to go in the game. Jordan Lyons deserved a full house standing ovation when he left the court. I know there are a few that need to leave for health reasons, but that many? There is no excuse for not being there to send off one of the greatest to ever put on a Paladin jersey. I am sorry to point this out, but sometimes Furman fans piss me off.
apaladin, dornb, fufanatic and 5 others liked this
 #26013  by Affirm
 Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:59 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:16 pm
Great emotional win for the Paladins. Good crowd, but still too many no shows. I am going to call out the fans that left with about 4 minutes to go in the game. Jordan Lyons deserved a full house standing ovation when he left the court. I know there are a few that need to leave for health reasons, but that many? There is no excuse for not being there to send off one of the greatest to ever put on a Paladin jersey. I am sorry to point this out, but sometimes Furman fans piss me off.
I was surprised & disappointed by the small number of FU Class of 2020 members who came to center court at half time for the photo, particularly in view of the fact that this senior class has been at Furman for the 4 winningest consecutive men’s basketball seasons in Furman history. Kudos to those who not only were present for this game, but also came out on the court for the photo. It seems there should have been at least double the number who were out there. I will give benefit of doubt and say that hopefully many, many seniors had legitimate conflicts that kept them elsewhere this afternoon. None of us should take these last 4 years and especially this 2019-2020 season for granted.
QCGlue liked this
 #26020  by tya1
 Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:38 pm
Hope we can keep our edge sharp for the tournament. We have played some great defense since losing to ETSU and some of our competition has struggled a bit.

Great job today of not allowing the Citadel much room for hope.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:26 pm

Default Avatar What just happened?

by The Jackal

Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:33 pm

User avatar What just happened?

by bj93

Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:32 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:39 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:38 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.