• Woffy at Furman (BSW) - February 22

#25189  by Flagman
 Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:37 pm
You can bet it will have a big red Ingles logo on it. Thanks to Ingles for providing the shirts.
 #25221  by MNORM
 Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:49 am
Roundball wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:51 am
For those that like country music.
Ok, so I have no earthly idea who this guy is, and that doesn't matter. This is a great job by the administration to make these games an EVENT. Love it!!
dornb, Roundball, FUKA61 liked this
 #25224  by CharlieFU
 Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:11 am
This is a big step up in what we have done in the past. It feels like we are now getting better support from the athletic dept and administration. Coach Richey has really pushed hard to get things like this done--in addition to winning a bunch of games. He and his staff deserve a lot of credit for that, along with our new AD and other athletic dept staff. The perception at least is we are trying to do better in marketing and promotion. And I can see evidence of it here.
dornb, Roundball, QCGlue and 3 others liked this
 #25327  by apaladin
 Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:17 pm
As funny as this may sound WC is in danger of having to play on Friday the first day. There are 4 teams either 7-7 or 8-6 battling for spots 4-6. WC has 4 tough games left: @uncg @FU, ETSU, @MU.
 #25328  by hawg
 Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:30 pm
I thought they HAD don something about the Ball vs Roundball thing by moving the Woffy game to noon. As a Ball goer, I have been troubled the last couple of years about getting to the Ball late and missing some killer hors doevres (sic). Any way, with the game at noon and the Ball at 6, I think I can handle both. I do despise the Well as a basketball venu (it is excellent for hockey) because of the parking, the seats, the horrid sight lines, the overwhelming number of steps to climb, ten dollar beers and 5 dollar water. But if my Paladins are playing there, I ignore all that shiznit and go to the game. And I will not have to wear a suit to the game.
 #25334  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:49 pm
apaladin wrote:
As funny as this may sound WC is in danger of having to play on Friday the first day. There are 4 teams either 7-7 or 8-6 battling for spots 4-6. WC has 4 tough games left: @uncg @FU, ETSU, @MU.
Gotta love that!
 #25342  by tya1
 Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:10 pm
apaladin wrote:
Odd record for the Terriers -
They are 6-0 against the bottom three teams, 0-5 against Mercer, UTC, and Western Carolina, and 2-1 against the top three teams. Does that mean they were playing over their heads the first couple of weeks when they played ETSU, UNCG, and Furman and have reverted to their natural level since then?

Answer coming soon.
 #25352  by apaladin
 Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:35 am
hawg wrote:
I thought they HAD don something about the Ball vs Roundball thing by moving the Woffy game to noon. As a Ball goer, I have been troubled the last couple of years about getting to the Ball late and missing some killer hors doevres (sic). Any way, with the game at noon and the Ball at 6, I think I can handle both. I do despise the Well as a basketball venu (it is excellent for hockey) because of the parking, the seats, the horrid sight lines, the overwhelming number of steps to climb, ten dollar beers and 5 dollar water. But if my Paladins are playing there, I ignore all that shiznit and go to the game. And I will not have to wear a suit to the game.
From a different perspective I really enjoy the games at the Well. My seats are great with a great view. Not as close as Timmons but very good. I sat pretty high in the upper level for the NCAA tourney at those seats had a good view also. I don’t mind paying 5 dollars to park and from where I park it’s really not much further than the Timmons lot. There are even closer spots than where I like to park. As for concessions I don’t buy any. Really can do without for a couple hours.
We will prolly play all our home games there while the new arena is being built. 😀 Glad to see you posting hang!
 #25354  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:52 am
apaladin wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:35 am
hawg wrote:
From a different perspective I really enjoy the games at the Well. My seats are great with a great view. Not as close as Timmons but very good. I sat pretty high in the upper level for the NCAA tourney at those seats had a good view also. I don’t mind paying 5 dollars to park and from where I park it’s really not much further than the Timmons lot. There are even closer spots than where I like to park. As for concessions I don’t buy any. Really can do without for a couple hours.
We will prolly play all our home games there while the new arena is being built. 😀 Glad to see you posting hang!

Put me down as someone who really enjoys some big FU games at the 'Well' as well, the potential for us to grow there is tremendous
Jasper liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:24 pm

Default Avatar Bothwell

by PeterGrif

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:19 pm

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:35 pm

Default Avatar What just happened?

by The Jackal

Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:33 pm

User avatar What just happened?

by bj93

Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:32 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.